The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Introduced in Madagascar
Alex the Lion
- Camp Straight
- Funny Animal: He walks on two legs and is more anthropomorphic than most other characters.
- The Hero
- Heterosexual Life Partners:
- Ho Yay: With Marty.
- It's All About Me: Although a less negative version of this trope.
- King of Beasts: In the first movie.
- Took a Level In Badass
- "Well Done, Son" Guy
Marty the Zebra
- Anthropomorphic Zig-Zag: He walks on his legs through out most of the movie but he stand up on two legs when he is excited .
- Catch Phrase: "Crack-a-lackin!"
- Fearless Fool
- Ho Yay: With Alex.
- I Just Want to Be Special
- Ink Suit Actor: Designed to look like his voice actor Chris Rock .
- Jive Turkey
- The Lancer
- Undying Loyalty: In the first movie, he went to go save Alex despite the fact that he wanted to eat Marty.
- You All Look Familiar:When he was with the Zebras in Madagascar 2.
Gloria the Hippo
- Annoying Laugh
- Big Girl: Even though she is a female, she uses more power than any character in the group.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Intentionally designed as so.
- Funny Animal:Always walks on two legs and she is very anthropomorphic .
- Interspecies Romance: With Melman in the sequel.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Team Mom
Melman the Giraffe
- Gullible Lemmings
- Interspecies Romance: With Gloria.
- Lovable Coward
- The Chick: He's very sensetive.
- The Medic
- Breakout Character
- Everything's Better with Penguins
- Killer Rabbit
- Magnificent Bastard
- The Big Guy: Rico.
- The Nicknamer: Skipper.
- The Smart Guy: Kowalski.
- The Woobie: Private.
- Ambiguously Gay
- Animal Gender Bender: Lemur colonies are matriarchal. Because of this, Wild Mass Guessing has pegged him as Ambiguously Transsexual.
- Ensemble Darkhorse
- Fat and Skinny: With Maurice.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Nice Hat
- Upperclass Twit
- What the Hell Is That Accent?
- Closer to Earth
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fat and Skinny: The fat to Julien's skinny.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick
- Only Sane Man: among the lemurs, anyway.
- Butt Monkey
- The Ditz
- Fearless Fool: Mostly in Madagascar 2.
- Older Than They Look: According to the movie commentary, he's actually an adult - mouse lemurs all look like babies.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter
- Small Annoying Creature
- The Woobie
Mason and Phil
- Fake Brit: Mason
- Four-Fingered Hands: Averted for the sake of Phil's sign language.
- Never Learned to Read: Mason is illiterate. Phil, on the other hand, is the penguin's go-to translator for reading things.
- One-Scene Wonder:in the first Madagascar .
- Road Apples: Mason mentions throwing poo in the first Madagascar but is never seen doing it .
- Shown Their Work: Phil's sign language is completely accurate.
- The Speechless: Phil
- Expy:They are very similar to the Hyenas from The Lion King.
- Hulk Speak: All of the fossas speak like this .
- You All Look Familiar:All of the them look the same the only difference is there fur color .
Introduced in Escape 2 Africa
- Big Handsome Man:Hippo style !
- Big Ol' Unibrow.
- Chubby Chaser:This is the main reason why he is attracted to Gloria.
- Pec Flex
- Sixth Ranger.
- Soul Brotha: His voice actor Will i am wanted to make him sound like Barry White .
Introduced in Europe's Most Wanted
Captain Chantel Du Bois
- Big Bad
- Implacable Woman
- Knight Templar
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: A Foreign badass woman with a grudge against Alex? Sounds like a certain old lady.
- Worthy Opponent: Sees Alex as this.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.