|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
The manga, anime, and Japanese video game equivalent to Mad Lib Fantasy Title. For some reason these words and constructions are popular in the titles of Japanese works.
Often overlaps with Word Salad Title.
- Gratuitous English in general
- Role Called, with the role coming before the character name. This has its own trope: Adjective Noun Fred.
- "Chaos" (Chaos Wars, Metal Wolf Chaos, SNK vs. Capcom SVC Chaos, Chaos;Head)
- "Metal" (Metal Gear Solid, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Metal Wolf Chaos, Metal Fighter Miku)
- "Blood" (common in vampire series)
- Princess (Murder Princess, Scrapped Princess, Princess Nine, Princess Princess (Egregious!), Petite Princess Yucie, Sister Princess, Princess Tutu, UFO Princess Valkyrie)
- Complex (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cosplay Complex)
- Mon (especially in Mons series, naturally; Digimon, Pokémon, Monster Rancher, Mon Colle Knights, ect.)
- Dragon (Dragon Ball, Dragon Drive, Dragon Half, Dragon Quest, Dragon Crisis)
- Children (Fantastic Children, Zettai Karen Children, Advent Children)
- Strawberry (Strawberry Marshmallow, Strawberry 100%, Strawberry Panic)
- Project (Touhou Project)
- Random Roman alphabet letter (Sailor Moon R, Dragonball Z, Slayers: Evolution-R, lots of other Oddly Named Sequels)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.