|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
From the minds of NinjaKiwi and Big Lizard Games, Mad Karate Man takes you on a wild ride as we meet the titular character on a journey of endurance and rite of maturity that no Shinto text ever covered---running around beating up salarymen and blasting them off the face of the earth. Of course, he has to start small, but with the upgrading system (with 16 categories to improve!), he can eventually achieve his personal nirvana, and businesses' collective living hell.
Tropes in this online game:
- Attack Its Weak Point: The Salaryman has two; one on the head, and one...well....
- Briefcases Are Useless: In the beginning the briefcase is rather durable as your stats are fairly weak. After a few enhancements to strengthen the Karate Man's hitting power and to weaken the structural integrity of the briefcase, however, it's played straight.
- Curb Stomp Battle: The Karate Man essentially delivers this to the Salaryman, briefcase be damned.
- Groin Attack
- Hot-Blooded: The titular character, from how he regards the guys he comes across.
- Kamehame Hadouken
- Made of Explodium: The cars and trash cans / oil barrels that litter the street.
- Martial Arts Do Not Work That Way: But at least they obey the Rule of Cool!
- Ninjas: One specific type of obstacle.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Shoryuken: And that's just the beginning.
- Speed Stripes: During the timed beatdown phase of the launch.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential