|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Lula und Yankee drink their beer in the morning, like sex without mechanical help and change their t-shirts three times a day, because they have a message for the world: There's a daily routine beyond Real Life. Or the other way round.
So or so, this is a lighthearted comic about a happy, funny young couple by the German artists Timo Würz, ASP and Niki Kopp.
Lula (in German): "I bet that when you aren't serving dishes, you like to wear women's clothing."
French waiter: "No, actually I study German at the Sorbonne." (also in German)
- The City of Light: Lula and Yankee make a holiday there.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Yankee and his buddies make a tour on a tractor through the countryside. Because this trope happens, they end up a military area by accident. Hilarity Ensues (well, kind of).
- Fan Service: Both of them appear naked the one or other time. No hardcore stuff.
- Flipping the Bird: Lula does that at least once.
- Germanic Depressives: So averted.
- The Glomp: Lula does a tackle-and-glomp on Yankee when she learns he invites her for a trip to Paris.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: Yankee invents the name of his girlfriend's band, "Silence of the Amps".
- Not What It Looks Like: Yankee just rubs some lotion on a guy's back (it's against back pain), but the artist deliberately drew it to make it look like gay sex (and the other guy is even moaning. And Yankee comments "you like that, don't you?"!) A similar scene happens later: Yankee's standing there and urging a kneeling Lula to go on because people could see them, and her answer sounding as if she had something in her mouth - actually, it's just the cap of a magic marker, which she uses to draw their names on the Eiffel Tower.
- One-Hour Work Week: Lula plays in a girls' rock band (OK, they have one guy, but everyone overlooks him). Yankee doesn't seem to have a job at all.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Apparently, paint all over your girlfriend's backside. And your buddy's face. Good thing it's not a real tattoo.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: Yankee "slaughtering" his piggy bank in the style of a satanic mess. "Now die, pig!"