|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil was an animated comedy show on Adult Swim. Lucy, who is indeed the daughter of the Devil, is somewhat torn between helping her father with spreading evil across the world and living a healthy normal college life. She hangs out with an indie DJ who just so happens to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. Ironically, most of the time, she gets "JC" to help her dad out without meaning to. Meanwhile, they are all pursued by a Church Militant faction of priests and nuns.
There has only been one season of 11 episodes. Series creator Loren Bouchard acknowledged in August 2009 that Adult Swim has not renewed the show and that it is "dead".
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: Satan. He's the devil, but he's just so low key about it.
- All CGI Cartoon
- Angry Eyebrows: Sister Mary.
- Anti-Anti-Christ: Lucy seems very unwilling to be actively evil.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Satan is...well, Satan, he's raised the Anti Christ, he wants to kill DJ Jésus...but the most evil thing he does in the series is buy a crappy franchise resturant chain.
- Actually he's shown to orchestrate several mass murders and lesser assassinations over the course of the series... but yeah the restaurant was pretty bad.
- Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever: In the last episode, Senator Whitehead turns into one of these.
- Beard of Evil: Satan has a full-on "Mirror Spock" one of these.
- Berserk Button: Don't blow a raspberry around Satan. It really pisses him off.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Father Giuseppe, to the extent that you hardly ever see his eyes.
- Bland-Name Product: Satan's resturant franchise "Tequila Sally's" is pretty obviously based on "Chili's".
- The Blind Leading the Blind: The Special Clergy are on a mission to find and kill the AntiChrist, but apparently neither they nor their bosses at the Vatican have any idea what Lucy actually looks like, as she ends up being their waitress several times.
- Subverted in one episode. Sister Mary does know and does attempt to kill Lucy. She fails.
- Broken Record: The Pope's less-than-competent beatboxing attempt.
Sister Mary: You can't just keep saying "beatbox"! Pass the mic!
- Cartoon Creature: Terry the teratoma.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody: The Devil performs the Wonka duties here, giving a group of children a whimsical tour of a sex toy factory.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Sister Mary is voiced by comedian/actor Eugene Mirman
- Daddy's Little Villain: Inverted. Lucy doesn't seem that concerned with helping further her dad's evil plans.
- If he even has any plans.
- Dead Baby Comedy:
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose In Life: Inverted; Lucy doesn't really have any far-reaching life goals.
- Dysfunctional Family: Satan and Lucy, who seem to truly care about each other, but often bicker.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The series title says it all.
- Fantastic Catholicism
- Four-Fingered Hands
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: Lucy and DJ Jésus have "good" eyes; Satan and (interestingly) Sister Mary have "evil" eyes.
- Good Is Not Nice: Sister Mary. She's not above killing people who she believes are hiding information or just in her way.
- Harmless Villain: Satan is more or less this; he just doesn't seem to be good at coming up with evil plans.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Inverted, as redheaded Lucy is interested in DJ Jésus, thought it's never made clear if he reciprocates.
- Just Ignore It: People's apparent reaction to Lucy's horns. And to her redskinned, much larger-horned father, whose only concession to existing in human society is wearing slacks and plaid sweaters.
- Limited Wardrobe: Lucy seems to only have one outfit: a black t-shirt and a pair of hiphugger blue jeans.
- Meganekko: Lucy
- Nuns Are Funny: Sister Mary
- The Power of Rock: Or rather, The Power of Rap. The Senator Whitehead monster is only vulnerable to beatboxing.
- Punny Name: DJ Jésus
- And his best friend, wrangler and manager, DJ Judas.
- Ship Tease: Lucy and Judas
- Shout-Out: A teratoma with deadly psychic powers? You don't say...
- This Is Gonna Suck: Satan's attitude to most of the things that interfere with his plans.
- Unnamed Parent: Lucy's mother is never mentioned.
- She's most likely a human Satan seduced.
- Actually, it was in exchange for a Datsun 280 ZX, as shown in the pilot.