|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Lucahjin is a YouTube-based Lets Player, and one of the more noted female Let's Players on YouTube. She's Let's Played a number of old PC Adventure Games, including entries in the King's Quest series and Leisure Suit Larry. She's also played the games of Team Ico, and various other assorted games.
Her Signature Style is a strange mix of incredible cuteness, from both her voice and her unstoppably perky attitude, and her incredibly filthy sense of humor. She frequently hams it up in her videos, and tends to swear and make make off-color jokes. She's also undeterred by failure, and is fond of co-opping games with various other YouTube Let's Players.
Games she has LP'd include:
- Team Ico Series (Ico and Shadow of the Colossus)
- Leisure Suit Larry
- Oregon Trail
- Quest for Glory 3
- King's Quest series (1, 3, 4, and 5
- Space Quest 2
- Bishojou Senshi Sailor Moon
- Chrono Cross
- Barbie Horse Adventures
- Paper Mario (blind)
- Barbie's Wild Horse Rescue
- Journey (upcoming)
The work of this reviewer provides examples of:
- Accidental Innuendo: In-universe, she can find it in just about anything. And it's one of her favorite things to do when playing a game.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Plays up an exaggerated version of this stereotype during her Barbie Horse Adventures LP, and squeals in a vaguely suggestive way over her horse.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Numerous ones in-universe.
- Bait and Switch Comparison: (while failing very, very badly in Shadow of the Colossus) "If you look in the dictionary under 'stupid,' you will find a picture of -- Judge Judy."
- Black Sheep Hit: Her blind Paper Mario Let's Play is her most popular project, and drew a lot of new watchers to her channel. However, its sense of humor is incredibly dirty even by her standards, as is the fact that it's so over-the-top humorous to begin with. So when she announced Journey, a number of her newer watchers expressed surprise that she would choose such a serious game--despite the fact that she's done a number of more serious projects, such as Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.'
- Catch Phrase: "MAH BALLS" seems to have ascended to one.
- "[Something that sounds suggestive]--just like all my first dates!"
- "That's what S/HE said!
- "Are you coming onto me?"
- Collective Groan: The "Dr. Mario" pun in Paper Mario elicits this.
- Dirty Old Man: She has her suspicions about... pretty much every old man in Paper Mario.
- Down the Drain: Hates water levels, and is mildly phobic of them.
- Evil Brit: The voice she gives Bowser in Paper Mario.
- She also consistently refers to Kammy Koopa as Queen Elizabeth II, and reads all of her lines in an exaggerated version of the Queen's voice.
- Fan Nickname: In-universe, she calls Parakarry "Derpy" due to his being a flying mail carrier.
- Failed a Spot Check: "I somehow managed to miss the ONE trick, that everyone told me about, that would have made that boss fight easy."
- First-Name Basis: Josh Jepson is one of the few people who regularly uses her real name when talking about her, instead of calling her "Lucah." Her real name is Risa, sometimes "Reese" for short.
- Genki Girl: Even when failing, she's still a force of unstoppable perkiness.
- Hello, Insert Name Here: She and Josh Jepson can't wait to name their horse something immature in the Barbie Horse Adventures LP. They find out the game only allows you to choose from a list of pre-set names, but they insist their horse is named "My Balls" anyway.
- They also named their game file "Dickbutt."
- Barbie's friend, Theressa, is called "Vagisil", and her baby horse at the end she delightfully names "My Penis".
- The theme continues in the sequel with the aid of fan suggestions, leading to horses named "Your Virginity", "President Haemorroid" and "Fappy Cow" among others. And all the foals are named after venereal diseases.
- Hello, Sailor!: She interprets Muskular as being Ambiguously Gay due to the fact that he's a sailor star.
- The Ladette: Swears, makes dirty jokes, and has recorded more than one video while drunk.
- Lady Swears-A-Lot: Oooh yeah. She does apologize for it occasionally, but never seems to keep with the promise.
- Large Ham: She has a distinct "deep voice" she uses when she's being over-the-top. She's also one LPer who isn't shy of showing her face online, and she hams it up in front of a real camera, too.
- Larynx Dissonance: She gives Tayce T. a very deep "old man voice." She has no idea why she does this, but sticks with it due to Rule of Funny. (OK, so she's female herself, so it's kind of a zig-zag.)
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Even when she appears on camera herself, or in videos at cons, she is almost always referred to as Lucahjin or simply Lucah.
- Platonic Life Partners: She's very good friends with fellow LPers Nintendo Capri Sun and Josh Jepson, and they co-op often. One question in her channel's FAQ section is if she and NCS, Josh, and any number of other famous LPers are dating. The answer is a firm "No."
- Plucky Girl: During her fight with Pelagia in Shadow of the Colossus, not only does she express open disdain for the colossus, but she also had multiple failed recordings and was drunk at the time. She also tried to use a nonconventional method to beat the colossus to prove it could be done. Despite failing, repeatedly, she kept with it and eventually won.
- Running Gag: She enjoys mocking Judge Judy.
- Self-Deprecation: Mocks herself incessantly when she fails, and sometimes even when she doesn't. At one point in Shadow of the Colossus, it even leads to a Bait and Switch Comparison where it looks like she's going to rag on herself again, and instead picks on Judge Judy instead.
- Shout-Out: In the second Barbie LP, she and Josh Jepson name one of the horses "Pcull Horse Horse Horse Horse Horse" after fellow Let's Player Pcull 44444.
- That's What She Said: She uses both this catchphrase and the variation "...just like all my first dates!"
- Toilet Humor: If you thought Nintendo Capri Sun was bad about this, wait 'til you listen to her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Due to the fact that they're two of the most popular female Let's Players on Youtube, she is often considered the "counterpart" of Donnabellez. It's also probably because they fit this particular trope very well--Lucah is more of a tomboy, while Donnabellez is an unashamed girly girl.
- What Do You Mean It's Not for Kids?: In-universe: Her and Josh Jepson's incredibly immature take on Barbie. Numerous commentors have noted they pity the poor little girl who just wanted to watch someone play a Barbie game... Lucah herself eventually added a disclaimer to the video saying it was definitely not for kids.
- Amusingly, at PAX East 2012, she gave away a "MAH BALLS" t-shirt to... a little girl. Who had indeed seen the videos. (OK, so she wasn't that little--she was probably around 13--but still.)