|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A comic by Humon, of Niels and Scandinavia and The World fame. It takes place in an alternate universe in which humans coexist with the Tentacula, a race of, well, tentacle monsters (but don't call them that). The central characters are Tom (human) and Frida (Tentacula), a committed couple coping with the fact that their relationship challenges social norms--both the ones they encounter in public and the ones they have internalized in their own heads.
Tropes used in this Web Comic include:
- Anything That Moves: Mona, Frida's coworker who is "sex crazy even by Tentacula standards".
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Tentaculas have three different types of tentacles, and a split tongue. They also practice external fertilization, much to Tom's Squick.
- Cute Monster Girl: Frida and her Mona. Frida's ex is a male version.
- Fantastic Racism: Humans and Tentacula seem to have equal status in society, but mixed relationships are not yet fully accepted by either side.
- Interspecies Romance: The point of the comic.
- Multiple Choice Past: Humon considered several possible origins for the Tentacula, from the extraterrestrial to the infernal. She eventually decided that they had been created in a lab and eventually freed and inducted into society.
- Nice Guy: Tom and Frida, to the point of being the straight man of their various friends and coworkers.
- Our Nudity Is Different: Frida is embarrassed to discover she's been waving her smaller tentacles around in front of Tom's mother.