|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Love and Lies (Koi to Uso) is a 2014 manga.
In a surprisingly not that bleak future considering what what we are about to tell you, the Japanese government has determined that by the age of sixteen every Japanese citizen must have assigned a partner to each other, with the objective of breeding not only the best but the most children possible. Our protagonist, Yukari Nejima, doesn't want this fate, because he has already fallen head over heels of his childhood friend Misaki Takasaki. But laws are laws, and he is assigned to marry a young girl called Ririna. What Hikari can even do in a situation like this?
Written and drawn by Musawo Tsumugi. Published by Kodansha with release online by DeNA's Manga Box app in multiple languages.
- Arranged Marriage: Not only sanctioned by the government but with partners determined by it as well.
- Bob Haircut: Takasaki has this hairstyle.
- Bureaucratically Arranged Marriage: Enforced to a national level.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Once he see Ririna's panties, Yukari barely can take his eyes off them.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Snooty Sanada" to Ririna.
- Fanservice: Some there and there.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ririna uses this hairstyle and is very girly and young.
- Love Confession: From Yukari to Misaki. Surprisingly, it comes out without problems, she accepts his confession, and both even kiss each other. But that's because the true drama of the story resides in the fact they can't marry each other.
- Panty Shot: We see Ririna's panties when she decides to talk with Yukari while dressing.
- Red String of Fate: Ririna believes something like this links Yukari to Misaki.