|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Los Únicos (in Spanish, "The Uniques") is a superhero TV series from Argentina (with two seasons so far, 2011 and 2012). It features a team of secret agents with super powers, which is actually the Argentine brach of an international organization of similar teams around the world. The main characters of the first season were Alfredo Monterrey, Diego Rouvier, Axel Etcheverry and María Soledad Marini. Alfredo was the chief and (unrevealed at first) María's father. María and Diego were the main couple, although Rosario Ahumada was the third in the love triangle. The main villains were Ronco Milevich and Livio Muzak. A third one, Dreyfus, would come later.
Several younger agents were introduced to the team, and others left it. In the last episode of the first season, Dreyfus tried to kill the Unicos with an atomic bomb, but he only gave them new powers. He also organized a group of super villains.
Los Únicos contains examples of:
- Bare Your Midriff: Keira does this most of the time
- Benevolent Boss: Alfredo Monterrey
- Betty and Veronica: Archie = Diego, Betty = María, Veronica = Rosario
- Big Book of War: There is a set of bylaws for the agents. The main rule is that agents shall not develop romantic relations among themselves (of course, they all defy the rule and get in trouble as a result), but other laws are mentioned from time to time.
- First-Episode Resurrection: Dreyfus killed Axel at the end of the last episode of the first season. And for real, leaving him full of bullets. Axel died, meet God... and God could not support him any longer, and sent him back.
- Girl Next Door: María. Well, Chacabuco is not "next door", but you get the idea.
- Giving Radio to the Romans: Ronco Milevich stole a time machine and moved back in time to the May Revolution (the event that began the Argentine War of Independence, in 1810), and attempted to become a national hero. María, Diego and Alex followed him and forced him to return.
- Homage In an episode Axel is bitten by a radioactive spider, and became the amazing "Araña-Man"
- Karma Houdini: After all the things he had done, Ronco just had his memory erased, forgetting about his criminal life.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Alfredo is María's father, but was reluctlant to confess it.
- Nepotism: María did not initially fit the formal requirements for new agents, but she was appointed anyway... because Alfredo was his father.
- Non-Fatal Explosions: At the end of the first season, the team had an atomic bomb at their base, and could not prevent the explosion. We would now how did they survive the following year. The atomic explosion was simply contained inside a room
- Punched Across the Room: Trying to get her out of the team, Rosario goaded the super-powerful María into punching her. Yes, it has Gone Horribly Right.
- Put on a Bus: several actors from the first season left the series, their characters were transferred to other international units or left the country.
- Ridiculously-Human Robots: Ramón
- Romantic False Lead: Fortuna, María's old lover. However, he's more of a comic relief, as María hardly ever had actual love situations with him (and only when in a fight with Diego), and Fortuna never noticed María's growing love for Diego until it was too late. Even in the second season, he forgets at times that María is no longer with him and left with Diego.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: Bruno Epstein created a "door" that allows to go to and from any location in the world. Now you are in the base, cross the door, and you are in Moscow as the plot needs. And, from the base, he can open a door in Moscow, so the agents can return to the base in the same way. The idea of starting a revolution in human transport did not even crossed their minds.
- Rival Turned Evil: Rosario was just María's rival in Diego's love (and a teammate during that), but being in the losing side made her do evil things and finally even leave the Únicos and join the villains
- Super Strength: María
- Teen Genius: Bruno Epstein
- The Ghost: Some actors of the first season do not work anymore, but their characters are treated as if they were still working "behind the scenes". Alfredo, for instance, was transferred to Moscow, but they still hear reports and advises from him... although he is never seen, nor his voice heard (we may see someone talking with him at the phone, for example, hearing only the visible character, and guessing the dialogue by his own one).