The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adaptation Displacement: Some of the games are more well known than the books they were based off, which is a little jarring given that the games included the original books. Specific examples:
- Many of the Arthur books are far more well known than their original iterations. In fact, some people have thought that the games were based off the show, despite being released several years beforehand.
- Sheila Rae, the Brave is more well known than the book.
- Harry and the Haunted House and Ruff's Bone are both more well known than the books, but this is justified since those were made to be Living Books.
- Ear Worm:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: D.W.'s Dub Name Change to Dorita in Spanish has become quite humorous as the show has progressed. We have since learned that being called Dora is one of her Berserk Buttons.
- Growing the Beard: The first two titles aren't quite as well remembered as the other games in the series, and most people point to The Tortoise and the Hare as the first game to show this.
- Memetic Badass: The paper airplane in Arthur's Teacher Trouble became this thanks to its heavy metal theme.
- No Problem With Licensed Games: These were immensely popular with kids back in the day, and they were used a lot in classrooms.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Any time a camera-moving effect is done. Back in the day, this looked stunning.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.