The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Somewhere That's Green Reprise. WAAAH.
- When you think about it, Seymour has never been loved in his life. He was abandoned at the Skid Row Home for Boys and subsequently taken out by a guy who hated him, made him sleep under the counter, and kept him around to do the work. Then he gets a magic plant, and suddenly Mushnik wants to be his dad! Audrey loves him! The world loves him! Everything's perfect...and then he's forced to go on a bloody, awful, evil killing spree, in part because he's afraid that if he gets rid of the plant, Audrey won't love him anymore.
- Anyone who's seen Audrey's reprise of "Somewhere That's Green" as she dies in the original ending knows that had it been left in, she would have won an Oscar.
- The musical build up to the dramatic chord actually makes this troper feel a bit of sympathy for Seymour, even if the whole situation's his fault.
- It's even worse in the film than in the musical, for several reasons. Seymour had just proposed to Audrey, and they were about to elope together--she was in her wedding gown, for crying out loud! Plus, when Patrick Martin shows up afterwards, he finds Seymour standing at the top of a building, tears in his eyes, all ready to jump.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.