The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The finale, when the whole family gets up on stage and dances with Olive. Also, Dwayne's rant just prior, trying to prevent Olive from going out there. Aw, Look -- They Really Do Love Each Other!
- Also when Dwayne is having his breakdown and refuses to get back in the van. Nothing anyone can say has made any difference, and someone suggests that Olive try. Without saying a word, Olive goes down the hill and puts her arm around him and lays her head on his shoulder. Such a perfect testament to the power of just being there for someone, even if you can't make everything okay. And it gets even more heartwarming right after, as Dwayne, after having yelled at his mother, accusing his whole family of being losers and screaming how much he hates them all, reacts to Olive's hug with no more fuzz a simple "Alright," and then easily gets up and helps his little sister back up the hill, so they can get back on the road and get to the pageant on time.
- The night before the competition, Olive is starting to feel the pressure, feeling insecure about her looks and actually starts crying. Grandpa swoops in, after being an asshole for 90% of his screentime, and tells her not only is she beautiful, but she's the most beautiful girl in the world. Seeing how Olive is coming apart just the way a normal little girl would and how Grandpa is comforting her was really touching.
- This exchange.
Olive: Do you eat ice cream?.
Miss California: Yes. My favorite is Cherry Chocolate Garcia, except technically I think it's a frozen yogurt.
- And the whole thing is just so sincere and so perfect, it feels like Miss California knows exactly why Olive is asking the question.
- Not to mention that the same judge is the only one who loves Olive's performance.
- After Richard's book deal falls through, his father (who throughout the entire movie has pretty much bad-mouthed Richard and treated him with disdain), tells him how proud he is of Richard for being brave enough to take a chance.
- All of the family members, even Dwayne, tempting Olive into eating ice cream.
- "Do what you love, and fuck the rest."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.