|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This anime contains examples of:
- Agitated Item Stomping: Tubby did this in Episode 10 out of anger when the flowers he was given by Lulu were discovered by Wilbur, Iggy, and Alvin.
- And Your Reward Is Edible: Tubby was subjected to this reward after inadvertently locating Lulu's Pop's lucky gold piece in Episode 15.
- Art Shift: In this version, the main child characters were given slightly modified designs. The most particular example is Tubby, who had a mild color change of clothes as well as being slightly bigger than Lulu, in contrast with the original comics where he was the same height as her. Even the Westside Gang had character designs that differed greatly from how they appeared in the original comics.
- Banister Slide: Lulu and the others did this in Episodes 11 and 12.
- Batman Gambit: This was how Lulu was able to end the snowball fight between Tubby's gang and the Westside Gang in Episode 13. She tricked both sides into throwing excess amounts of firewood into the fires that they had both built in an attempt to bribe Lulu about which side will win, which caused their respected snow forts to melt and collapse from the immense heat.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Lulu, as seen in Episode 3, when she tore down the clubhouse in anger after Tubby and the others boys refused to let her join the club.
- Big Eater: As in the original comics and the tv series, Tubby has a fairly large appetite. In fact, a couple of episodes were actually based around this character trait.
- Big, Thin, Short Trio: Tubby, Wilbur, and Iggy, respectively.
- Crying Wolf: In Episode 3, this was the bane of what Lulu went through while guarding Tubby's clubhouse from the Westside Gang.
- Deadpan Snarker: This trope was highly evident in Tubby, though Lulu does occasionally have her moments.
- Demoted to Extra: Both Willy and Eddy did not appear very often in the anime.
- "Everybody Laughs" Ending: Some episodes ended this way.
- Expy/Captain Ersatz: One member of the Westside Gang actually bears an astonishingly strong resemblance to Peppermint Patty. Also, Tubby could very well most likely have been the character design inspiration for the character of Junpei.
- Fainting: Tubby did this at the end of Episode 20, in response to his mother telling him that he'll be spending extra time on his violin lessons.
- Feud Episode: Episode 9 was based around this trope, with Tubby and Willy being the ones feuding against each other.
- Five-Man Band:
- Follow Your Nose: This trope was used very frequently by Tubby, whenever there was food involved.
- Food and Animal Attraction: Used in Episode 12 to get rid of the mean butler that replaced Wilbur's butler. While the mean butler was drying off his clothes after sinking in the lake and trying to dry off while standing in nothing but his Goofy Print Underwear, Tubby snuck around from behind in the bushes and placed a few handfuls of dog food in the butler's coat pockets. Later, when Lulu and the others followed by the butler return to town, the smell of the dog food in his coat pockets have attracted a small band of dogs that immediately begin chasing him to get at the dog food that he had in his coat.
- Frantic Object Concealment: Tubby did this twice in Episode 10.
- Garden Hose Squirt Surprise: This happened to Tubby in Episode 6.
- Hand Behind Head: Since this version of Little Lulu was anime, the characters, mostly Tubby, did this very often whenever they were embarrassed, like most other anime characters.
- Help, I'm Stuck!: This happened to Tubby in Episode 14, when Lulu coaxed him into crawling into a rabbit's burrow, in an attempt to lure the rabbit out.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In Episode 6, Tubby's attempt to make a fool out of Lulu by tricking her into thinking that the fire chief was sending his firemen to save Lulu from a tree while mimicking a cat backfired when a small crowd of people discovered Lulu meowing in the tree, leading to one man to call the fire department to get Lulu down. This led to Lulu finally getting her much-deserved ride on the fire truck, while Tubby and the other boys wound up with nothing.
- Huddle Shot: Tubby, Wilbur, and Iggy did this in Episode 8.
- Isolation Despondency: Episode 11 had this happen to Wilbur, after an incident involving a frog.
- The Klutz: Tubby, in some episodes.
- Leitmotif: Whenever the Westside Gang made their appearance in an episode, a piano-heavy tune is used.
- Oh Crap: This has showed up in a few episodes, mostly to Tubby.
- Produce Pelting: Lulu and the others did this in Episode 12, to a picture of Wilbur's butler that was doodled on the side of the clubhouse, with tomatoes, no less.
- Terrible Trio: The Westside Gang in shades.
- Through a Face Full of Fur: In Episode 2, this happened to both Lulu and Tubby. When Tubby laced a bowl of cereal that Lulu was fixing for him with different sauces and seasonings to get back at her, Lulu, not realizing what Tubby did, offered the bowl to him. Tubby reluctantly takes a bite of the cereal, but because he laced it with hot sauce, he turns red in the face for a few seconds. Lulu also turned red in the face afterwards, when she also took a bite of the cereal to find out what was wrong with it. Also, in Episode 10, Tubby turned red-faced in anger after the flowers that Lulu gave him were discovered by the others.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In Episode 20, Wilbur calls Tubby out for selfishly turning over his violin to Lulu.
- Who Are You Calling Names?: Alvin, from Episode 3:
Alvin: Who are you calling a little kid?!?!?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.