|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Anti-Hero: Marcus can be viewed as one.
- Anvilicious: Admittedly, the book isn't very subtle.
- Gary Stu: Marcus, arguably.
- Shallow Love Interest: Ange exists pretty much so that Marcus would be able to have some booty after Van left him. She falls madly in love with him at first sight, never disagrees with him on anything, is pretty, smart, and sleeps with him after knowing him for about two weeks.
- Shameless Self Promotion: Marcus drops a few times into short monologues about the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Cory Doctorow was a high ranking manager of said foundation.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Villified
- Unfortunate Implications: Are we supposed to think Charlie's cheap ad-supported phone proves he's a loser, rather than that he can't afford anything better?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.