|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Oh, Little Audrey says
"Save for a rainy day."
She saves, but every time it rains
She spends what she puts away.
She knows her proverbs, A to Z,
And knows the good they bring.
But when she has to follow them,
Well, that's another thing.
Oh, Little Audrey says
"While the sun is out, make hay."
Though she's not immense,
There's a lot of sense
In what Little Audrey has to say.
"Little Audrey Says" Theme Song
Little Audrey is a cartoon character from Famous Studios, made during The Golden Age of Animation. Her creation was spurred by the studio deciding not to renew the rights to Little Lulu and creating a a similar character to used in the shorts. She is voiced by Mae Questel, who also voiced Betty Boop and Olive Oyl in the Popeye cartoons. During her Famous Studios years, she starred in a fair amount of cartoons between 1947 to 1958 before she appeared in Harvey Comics afterward.
No relation to that other Audrey.
- Santa's Surprise: December 5, 1947
- Olive Oyl For President (Not a Little Audrey cartoon, but she does make a brief cameo in it): January 30, 1948
- Butterscotch And Soda: July 16, 1948
- The Lost Dream: March 18, 1949
- Song of the Birds (a semi-remake of the 1930's Max Fleischer Color Classics short of the same name): November 18, 1949
- Tarts and Flowers: May 26, 1950
- Goofy Goofy Gander: August 18, 1950
- Hold the Lion, Please: August 27, 1951
- Audrey the Rainmaker: October 26, 1951
- Law and Audrey: May 23, 1952
- The Case of the Cockeyed Canary: December 19, 1952
- Surf Bored: July 17, 1953
- The Seapreme Court: January 29, 1954
- Dizzy Dishes : February 4, 1955
- Little Audrey Riding Hood: October 14, 1955
- Fishing Tackler: March 29, 1957
- Dawg Gawn: December 12, 1958
- Alien Invasion: The dream theme for "Dizzy Dishes".
- All Just a Dream: Most if not all of her shorts. Not so the comic.
- Beach Episode: "Surf Bored".
- Blue Eyes
- Captain Ersatz: Little Audrey was created when Famous Studios lost the rights to its previous series of Little Lulu cartoons.
- Dream Land: Pretty much a theme in several Audrey cartoons.
- Electric Torture: The 'Eee-lectric' chair that Audrey gets sentenced to by the end of the cartoon 'The Seapreme Court'.
- "Everybody Laughs" Ending: Many of the shorts end with Audrey laughing.
- Every Girl Is Cuter With Hair Decs: Blue in the cartoons; Red in the comics. Both match Audrey's dresses. Though, sometimes they're mixed in several comic strips.
- Force Feeding / I Taste Delicious: The candy people in "Butterscotch and Soda" when Audrey's dream turns into a nightmare.
- Kangaroo Court: "The Seapreme Court".
- Level Ate: Audrey's dream in "Butterscotch and Soda".
- Nudity Discretion Shot: Subverted in "Surf Bored". As Audrey changes into her bathing suit, it cuts to Audrey's pet dog Pal who covers his eyes in shock and then cuts back to Audrey again changing her clothes while zipped inside the bag and then comes out fully dressed in her bathing suit.
- Nursery Rhyme: The cartoon "Goofy Goofy Gander" has 'Mother Goose rhymes' as the theme for Audrey's dream adventure.
- Onion Tears
- Panty Shot: In virtually every short. Even moreso in the comics.
- Spank the Cutie: Audrey got it from her parents on a regular basis.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Audrey. A more child example.