The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alas, Poor Villain: The spider. Despite all the trouble he's been, it's hard to hate him while you tear his last leg off and roll his helpless, limbless body into a pit of spikes so you can progress.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Limbo with a Flashlight gives an... interesting interpretation.
- Awesome Moment: After being chased by that spider for a good chunk of the game, it's very cathartic to rip off its last remaining limb and throw it into a pit of spikes.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The ending.
- Fridge Horror:
- In the ending the boy approaches his sister, who is picking flowers by a rope ladder to some treehouse. The title screen is that same area, only the rope ladder is broken and flies are hovering over what appears to be dead bodies. Theirs?
- If Limbo, the outermost edge of Hell, is this threatening and scary... then what's the rest of hell like?
- Hate Dumb: See It's Short, So It Sucks. Some players say Limbo belongs in the Indie section and should cost a dollar.
- Hell Is That Noise: The buzzsaws.
- It's Short, So It Sucks: Four to five hours long for a first run (and $10 in 2D). The game caught the same flak as Braid for that reason.
- It's Easy, So It Sucks: The game's puzzles are comparatively easier than those in Braid. "Comparatively" is to be emphasized.
- Nightmare Fuel: That spider. Oh, god, it's creepy and it chases you and you're just a kid with no powers or defenses and it will not STOP.
- Paranoia Fuel: Once you die your first death, you will be scared and cautious. And you will stay scared and cautious. And it won't help you.
- Player Punch: Too many to count.
- Your deaths, the deaths you inflict, and the er... "objects" surrounding you that you must use to progress. Such as ripping out a one-legged spider's leg and rolling its body into a pit of spikes to cross said pit. Or using surrounding dead bodies as flotation devices, or to trigger traps.
- Brain parasites. That is all.
- That One Boss: Again, the spider. Specifically, THE one boss, since no others are found in the game.
- True Art Is Angsty: The game's defining characteristic.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.