The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
If there's a body of water that needs to be crossed, some lily pads are useful in traversing it.
Examples of Lily Pad Platform include:
- Bionicle: Ga-Koro is made out of this.
- Sonic Adventure: Chaos 4 is fought in a lake of water. Sonic needs to stand on lily pads to wait out the boss.
- Crash Bandicoot: The two river-based levels both contain lily pad platforms amongst the obstacles. They sink almost immediately, serving as temporary platforms.
- In Okami, you can make your own.
- A common sight in Golden Sun games.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Lily pads are used for levels that have the swimming pool. Useful to place other plants on.
- The Legend of Zelda:
- Super Mario Bros.:
- Super Mario Sunshine has the infamous lily pad ride as one of its secret stages. Mario has to navigate an acidic stream using a series of lily pads that slowy disintegrate.
- The lily pads actually return in both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, which even features a Sunshine themed level in the latter.
- In the original Rayman, the titular character can gain the ability to plant these.
- Rayman 2 also features giant lily pads in several levels.
- Rune Factory 3 gives you a magic seed you can use to instantly create a hovering lily pad that you can ride. This is one of two ways you can cross water in the game.
- Illusion of Gaia features a town that has areas that can only be accessed by standing on lily pads.
- The third teaser trailer for Alice: Madness Returns has Alice waking up on a lily pad and seeing the wonderful garden. She then hops on top of them and approaches the Caterpillar. Afterwards, all hell breaks loose.
- Minecraft has lily pads spawn in the water of swamp biomes.
- Homestuck: Jade plays guitar and somehow summons giant lily pads. It sort of makes sense, given that the lily pads lead to a frog temple.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.