|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This is all part of Lil' Wayne's ambitious project to collaborate with everyone in the music business, everywhere.
Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. (better known as Lil Wayne) is an American rapper from New Orleans. He was first a member of the Hot Boys before embarking on a successful solo career. He has released seven studio albums, the most famous being the Grammy-winning Tha Carter III. Prior to Tha Carter III, widely considered to be his magnum opus, he released a slew of mix tapes, against the wishes of his record label. They ended up boosting his popularity underground, and Tha Carter III sold more than a million copies in its first week.
Well liked by critics, Rolling Stone has even hailed him as the "greatest rapper alive". He is definitely One of Us, and he owns a modded X Box. Lil' Wayne is also known for his attacks on George W. Bush for his response to Hurricane Katrina, and for appearing on half the rap singles on the radio (and even some non-rap singles).
Lil' Wayne's work provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: His father. He was once asked in an interview with Katie Couric why he goes by the name of Lil Wayne instead to his given name (which is course Dwayne), he explained that his father was not part of his life so he doesn't need to carry his name. When Couric asked if his father knows this, he smiled and said "he does now".
- Ambiguously Gay: He kisses Birdman on the lips, ON a regular basis. In a 106 & Park interview, he says that he is the only one that Birdman kisses.
- Artifact Title: He was not even a teenager when he started rapping. It only fits if it's "lil" as in "short" (he's 5ft 5in/166 cm).
- Badass Long Hair: "Long hair, don't care"
- Cloudcuckoolander: "We are not the same, I am a martian"
- Distaff Counterpart: Nicki Minaj
- Mr. Fanservice: Averted, unlike most successful artists, he is at the best probably average, not to mention well... little. He does an absurdly toned physique though.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: "And mama don't cry, ya son can handle his/ I got her out the hood and put her in the hills/ Yeah when I was fourteen I told my mom we will see better days/ And sure enough I got Miss Cita in a better place"
- Follow the Leader: He's pretty much singlehandedly responsible for bringing "hyphen rap"(that is, removing all the prepositions from your metaphors, so your lyrics look like an SAT analogies test) into the mainstream. He didn't invent it, though; he just (re)popularized it.
- Intercourse with You: Commonly.
- "She said he so sweet she wanna lick the wrapper, so I let her lick the rapper"
- "I transform smaller and she puts me in her pants!"
- Little Boy Blue Note: He has released works dating back to when he was twelve--he started writing even earlier than then.
- The Mentor: To Drake and Nicki Minaj.
- Mysterious Middle Initial: Weezy F. Baby and the F is for....all these things.
- Near-Death Experience: Accidentally shot himself when he was twelve.
- New Sound Album: He decided to venture away from rap for a rock album - Rebirth.
- Rap Rock: Rebirth. Let's just say that he should stick to rapping.
- Really Gets Around: How else do you have three children with three separate women in a thirteen month time span?
- Rape Is Okay When Its Female On Male: His mentor Baby made him have sex with a girl even though he didn't want to when he was eleven. What did people do when he came out about it? Laugh.
- Refuge in Vulgarity:
- "Call me what you want bitch call me on my Sidekick/ Never answer when it's private damn I hate a shy bitch/ Don't, you hate a shy bitch/ Yeah, I ate a shy bitch/ She ain't shy no more she changed her name to "my bitch"/ Yeah, nigga that's my bitch/ So when she ask for the Money when you through don't be surprised, BITCH!"
- "And what I make up, will fuck up your skin/ I pick buck up and buck-buck then buck-buck again/ I will butt-fuck your friend/ Then suck up her twin/ I put the buck-up to him/ Then buck-buck and buck-buck and buck-buck again/ Suck nut you duck, fuck your unloving kin/ Now don't rub it in ... Might fly to L.A and just fuck Corinne/ Nahh fuck Corinne/ Let's get bucks again, and fuckin' spend/ Them bucks and then, just fuck Corinne."
- Running Gag : Weezy F. Baby and the F is for....
- Ten-Minute Retirement: Averted. He was dropping hints that he might retire after Tha Carter IV, but shortly after the release of the album, headlines flocked out about him considering a sequel to Rebirth and I Am Not A Human Being.
- True Companions: Considers his mentor, Birdman to be his father.
- Wolverine Publicity: Oh god. This is not helped by the fact that he is one of those rappers who seems to guest on every other song on the radio. It's all part of his plan to collaborate with everyone in music. With his appearance on "We Are The World 2010", he has officially collaborated with Brian Wilson, Barbara Streisand, Justin Bieber, Jeff Bridges, and other such unlikely candidates all in one fell swoop.