|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Blam! Blam! Bra-Boom! I'll Rule Cybertron with my Super sweet sound effects!"—-- Shockwave: First post, first words.
Lil' Formers is a Web Comic written by Matt Moylan. The main point of the site is to show chibi versions of Transformers characters poking fun at their TV show, movie or comic book. Many of them are simple one-panel comics, but a few are multiple panels. After almost two years, Matt began to do comics for other TV shows, comic books and movies.
This comic provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody
- Animesque: Parodied in one strip.
- Artifact Title: The strips's name, as of 2008 onward.
- Author Tract: Whenever Animated or the Transformers Film Series are the subjects of a strip. Also appears whenever Reboots are mentioned.
- Be Careful What You Wish For / Exact Words: After Matt started including non-TF characters in the strip, readers demanded that he'd "Bring the bots back!" He eventually consented, in a way.
- Book Ends: The series begins with Shockwave declaring that he will conquer Cybertron with his "super sweet sound effects." In the last strip, he finally accomplishes this... only to discover that he's actually conquered Gobotron.
- Bouncer: The Energon Club has one.
- Butt Monkey: Go Bots, Seaspray.
- Fan Service: Defied Trope by Arcee here.
- Fridge Horror: Some In-Universe ideas of things that can go wrong with interacting with humans and robots.
- Fun Size: About everyone drawn in the comic, unless they were already SD, like Bomberman or the Mega Man characters.
- Idiot Ball: Noted how humans fall for the disguised bots.
- Retool: In 2008, Matt expanded the strip to include other franchises.
- Shallow Parody: Pretty much constantly.
- Space Is Cold: The Transformers film is made fun of because of the Transformers' weakness to cold and the supposed "coldness of space" in this strip.
- This Looks Like a Job For Aquaman: Spoofed several ways.