The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Straight: In Heroes of Troperia, Lady Alice's power is Light, which manifests as a glowing light saber, glowy Healing spells, and the ability to throw a Kamehame Hadoken.
- Still in Heroes of Troperia, Archangel Gloria is literally glowing, has a Holy Halo, and throws Fantastic Nuke around to destroy forces of evil. She doesn't care if some relatively innocent people get caught in the blast.
- Exaggerated: Lady Alice rides a Humongous Mecha made of Light.
- Archangel Gloria's Fantastic Nuke is enough to destroy a whole continent...at the lowest power configuration.
- Justified: Compared to other elements, Light is the most effective tool against the generic forces of evil (or just any force, really). Not surprisingly, a lot of people (with varying moral dispositions) learn to wield the power of Light.
- Inverted: Casting a Shadow.
- Subverted: Lady Alice's power is not Light, it's heavy particles.
- Double Subverted: But those heavy particles can't function without prior exposure to light (or Light).
- Parodied: Alice's power is literally used to light the way, her light saber used as a flashlight.
- Alternatively, 'Light' powers involve killing people by writing their names in a deadly notebook.
- Deconstructed: Users of Light are blind, due to constant exposure to strong light.
- Reconstructed: Users of Light learn to blind their enemies.
- Zig Zagged: Lady Alice gains and loses her powers of Light several times throughout the story.
- Averted: Nobody use Light (or Darkness) in Heroes of Troperia.
- Enforced: "We need to show the audience that Alice is one of the good guys! Give her light-based power!"
- "We need a memorable villain that subverts audience's expectation! Give Gloria light-based power!"
- Lampshaded: "Oooooh shiny!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The Big Bad creates minions immune to the powers of light, knowing that, that's the power the heroes will be using against them.
- Defied: Lady Alice refuses to learn how to wield the power of Light in favour of more traditional powers.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "Ooh, light-based powers! She either The Messiah or a Knight Templar, mark my words.'
Back to Light'Em Up
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.