|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Sam and Gene's synchronized desk-leaping from the pilot.
- Not to mention Gene's introduction:
Sam: All right, surprise me. What year is it?
Gene: A word in your shell-like, pal. (slams Sam up against a filing cabinet)
Sam: Big mistake. (shoves Gene away)
Gene: Yeah? (sucker-punches Sam in the stomach) They reckon you've got concussion. Well, I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't ever waltz into my kingdom acting king of the jungle.
Sam: Who the hell are you?
Gene: Gene Hunt, your DCI. It's 1973, almost dinner time. I'm 'aving 'oops.
- Sam to Gene in 2.05: "I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags. But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green!"
- In 1x06, during the hostage situation, Gene is shot three times, point blank. The thing is? He's got three flasks in his jacket.
- How, at the end of episode 2.01, Sam gets Tony Crane sent to an asylum, therefore preventing a future murder AND keeping his cover. AWESOME.
- Annie Cartwright's entire performance as "Cherie Blair" in episode 2.04.
- "Don't move! You're surrounded by armed bastards!"
- Don't forget how Chris Skelton saved the day in 2.06, showing up in the nick of time to resolve the hostage situation by shooting the hostage taker.
- Sam's suicide/epiphany, set to David Bowie's Life on Mars, was an absolutely beautiful Crowning Moment of Awesome.