|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
We've worked with some of the world's best actors ... and Warwick Davis!
Single camera Sitcom starring Warwick Davis as a little person who has appeared in a number of recognizable franchises, runs a talent agency for short actors, and thanks to his astonishingly incompetent accountant, owes £250,000 in income tax. Written by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, the story revolves around Davis' attempts to earn money, his wacky encounters with other celebrities, and his persistent belief that people should recognize him on the street.
- Cringe Comedy: What else would you expect from the guys who brought us The Office?
- Dude, Not Funny: Warwick interrupts a Best Man's speech with a series of jokes that play well, until he suggests that the couple is getting married due to an unplanned pregnancy. Turns out she can't have children.
- Only in It For the Money: Warwick is desperate for any role, no matter how demeaning, to pay off his back taxes.
- Hypocritical Humor: Warwick goes on a blind date and is initially upset to see that she is a little person. She's a great person, but he obsesses over it and predictably ruins a good thing.
- The Cameo: Every episode involves Davis meeting a well-known celebrity, which never ends well.
- Liam Neeson wants to try some improvisational comedy.
- Johnny Depp has a few words for Ricky Gervais.
- "No one insults Tim Allen on my watch."
- Helena Bonham Carter can't keep a straight face in Warwick's presence.
- Ricky Gervais manages to piss off Steve Carell because he doesn't understand how to hang up on Skype.
- Refuge in Audacity: Lampshaded. When Liam Neeson asks Ricky and Stephen for advice on how to become a stand-up comedian, he attempts a joke that revolves around AI Ds. Stephen tells him that the subject matter is a bit too heavy.
Liam: Yeah, but he tells jokes like that all the time. (points to Ricky) How come he can do it?
Stephen: We don't know.