The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Leona Lewis is a Britpop artist, born in London to a Guyanese father and Irish mother, who rose to fame after winning The X Factor (The British version) and earning critical acclaim for her first album, Spirit in the USA.
- Spirit (2008)
- Echo (2009)
- Glassheart (2012?)
She and her music provide examples of:
- Award Bait Song: My Hands, I See You, many songs on her albums sound like this.
- Berserk Button: Being told that she's "not black enough" and/or shouldn't be eligible for the MOBO Awards. In addition to the discriminatory nature of such accusations, they tend to strike a personal note with Leona, who faced similar remarks on a daily basis at her secondary school, where the population was about two-thirds Afro-Caribbean students.
- Break Up Song: Better In Time
- Development Hell: Her third studio album, Glassheart, was supposed to be released towards the end of 2011 after the release of "Collide". However, after some legal issues with Avicii regarding supposed plagiarism of one of his tracks on said song, the album was pushed back to March 26th, 2012. In lieu of the album, a covers EP was released to iTunes. However, in January, the release date was pushed back once again, and it is now scheduled to be released November 26th.
- Follow Your Heart: Bleeding Love, Happy, Collide.
- Grief Song: A whole lot of them.
- Incredibly Long Note: The only one of her singles not to exhibit this is I Got You.
- Little Boy Blue Note: Her speaking voice can only be described as 'Young British Schoolgirl'
- Love Nostalgia Song: Yesterday
- Lyrical Dissonance: Forgive Me is a happy-go-lucky song about... cheating and begging your lover to forgive you.
- Happy is a powerful feminist-seeming song about... doing harmful things to oneself as long as they make you happy.
- Melismatic Vocals: She's been compared to Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion because of them.
- Non-Appearing Title: None of her album names appear in any of the music.
- One-Hit Wonder: Averted, unlike many of the other X Factor winners.
- One of Us: Is a fan of RPGs (Including the Final Fantasy series, even providing the English Ending Theme for Final Fantasy XIII) and the Resident Evil series. She also based her entire second tour around Pan's Labyrinth.
- One-Woman Wail: Yesterday, Bleeding Love and many others.
- Power Ballad: Yesterday, Happy, I Got You.
- Self-Backing Vocalist: All the time.
- Signature Song: To most people she's either "That chick who sang Bleeding Love?" or "That chick who sang Final Fantasy XIII's ending?"
- Word Salad Lyrics: What exactly is colliding supposed to represent in Collide?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.