The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The PC Game Provided Examples of:
- Adaptation Displacement: The theme probably wouldn't even have a fan base if it weren't for the game.
- Demonic Spiders: Slimy Slugs take inordinate amount of shots from the Laser Gun to kill, and will only be warded away by the recommended weapon, the Sonic Blaster (of course, this doesn't really work and you have to resort to Pusher Beams). They also have an energy-draining attack that makes energy crystals useless.
- Disappointing Last Level: The last level, Rocky Horror, was rather dissapointing. There were few monsters, a pre-built base with a recharge seam, and a massive crystal catche at the top of the cave Even worse, Chief said that "There are Rock Monsters all over the place!".
- Game Breaker: The Chrome Crusher. For that matter, The Tunnel Scout to all water vehicles. When edited in, the Tunnel Transport even more. In fact, many vehicles are useless.
- Goddamn Bats: The bats and the spiders, which do nothing except scare or trip the Rock Raiders, slowing them down or permanently cancelling their orders.
- Good Bad Bugs: Rock Raiders can walk diagonally between squares even as long as the destination is walkable terrain, which allows Solid Rock and sea corners to be traversed. However, the pathing engine will also make the Rock Raiders walk on lava if an acute angle is walkable. Additionally, if a rock raider is interrupted when carrying an electrified fence to place it on a square, and he is interrupted (such as by the Spiders) he will drop it, and an electrified fence can never be built in that square anymore, and often the fence will never be picked up. As when extra ore is placed on a building and not picked up until your air supply is gone.
- Most Annoying Sound: "A landslide has occoured!" "Your Air Supply is running out!"
- Periphery Demographic: Well, the game was made for people "8-99", but it was still targeted at younger people. And gained many adult fans. Hardcore fans.
- That One Level: Back to Basics is an evil pit of Slimey Slugs. Unfortunataly, Back to Basics must be won to unlock the final mission.
- Don't Panic. First you spend several minutes running from lava monsters and a lava river, then you spend what little Oxygen you have left either collecting Energy Crystals or quickly building a base, and then collecting Energy Crystals. There is a secret path you can drill through which will take you directly to the area with the Energy Crystals, if you can find it.
- Lava Laughter has the amazing ability to send Rock Raiders right into the lava lake.
The Play Station Game Provided Examples of (Tropes from the PC Game are not mentioned unless different):
- Demonic Spiders: Scorpions with freaking lasers. And back in the unkillable category, we have the return of Slimy Slugs.
- Gannon Banned: For an unknown reason, the large, six-legged, fat stone-like creatures were called Rockwhales in the NTSC version, and Rock Whales in the PAL version. No explimation has arrisen, and nothing else was affeted like this.
- Internet Backdraft: Some people consider this version of the game to be awful, going as far as saying that the slider puzzles in the NTSC version were more fun than the levels. A video calling it the worse PS1 game ever was made, and it got very mixed reactions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.