The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Blue Eyes
- Fish Out of Water
- Flying Brick: Of course.
- Future Badass: It's not long before he proves himself pretty badass in his youth though.
- He's All Grown Up: In season two, WOW.
Superman: "Who you calling skinny?"
- The Hero
- Naive Newcomer: When he's first introduced but he gets to grips with it pretty quickly.
- Nice Guy
- Artificial Arm: From "Chained Lightning" onwards.
- Butt Monkey: He really hates Legion try-outs, usually because he winds up on the receiving end of someone's demonstration.
- In the spin-off comic of the cartoon, during Infectious Lass's try-out, he wound up with a form of lava acne and got stuck with Bouncing Boy's power (and physique). What sucked worse is that, the virus that switched his power with BB's lasts longer on people with greater mass.
- Dead Little Sister: She died during the attack that granted him and his older brother their powers. Subverted in that she didn't die at all and was eventually restored to a physical form.
- Fiery Redhead
- Growing the Beard: Literal example. He's got a goatee in season two.
- He's All Grown Up: Has a shirtless scene in Chained Lightning to demonstrate this. Much to the joy of Legion fangirls everywhere.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- The Lancer
- Major Injury Underreaction: "Sweet".
- Real Men Wear Pink: Has surprisingly good bedside manner, as demonstrated by him trying to get Matter-Eater Lad to eat so he would recover quickly in the hospital.
- Shock and Awe
- Brainwashed and Crazy: When Brainiac 1.0 takes control of him.
- Cute Shotaro Boy
- Die for Our Ship: His borderline obsession with Superman spawned an entire sub-group of fangirls who love the idea of Clark and Brainy together.
- Do-Anything Robot
- Estrogen Brigade Bait: His slightly Emo Teen personality, flippy blonde hair, and Woobie status says it all.
- Green Skinned Space Guy: He's not exactly Mr. Fanservice, but that hasn't stopped his horde of fangirls.
- Genius Bruiser The genius part is blatantly obvious, the bruiser part comes in when he turns into his "battle mode"
- Read: 12 foot tall mecha that has enough dakka to make someone supposedly "armed to the teeth" and member of the bad guys who took the whole legion to run like a little girl
- In-Series Nickname: "Brainy"
- Mechanical Lifeform
- Out-of-Character Moment: His entire character after the first few minutes of "Brain Drain" due to a malfunction. Hilarity Ensues.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Per Word of God
- Purple Eyes
- Secret Keeper
- The Smart Guy
- The Spock
- Telescoping Robot
- Big Eater
- Big Fun
- The Big Guy
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Hyper-Destructive Bouncing Ball: He IS one!
- Action Girl
- Deadpan Snarker
- Gray Eyes: Just like her mother's.
- Intangible Girl
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: When she aids Timber Wolf despite the Legion's laws.
- Spoiled Sweet: Her mom's president of the galaxy, in case you didn't know.
- Abusive Parents: His Dad's probably a good argument as to why Evilutionary Biologists make poor fathers.
- Big Badass Wolf: Er, wolf-guy.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Gives his pop a few of these
- Eyes of Gold
- Hidden Depths: He likes to cook.
- Ship Tease: With Phantom Girl.
- Skunk Stripe: Turns out to be a family trait
- The Stoic
- Wolf Man
Triplicate Girl / Duo Damsel
- Action Girl
- Bare Your Midriff: By default and only for the first time as Duo Damsel
- Despair Event Horizon: When one of the duplicates is seemingly killed.
- Literal Split Personality: Each of the three duplicates she splits into are semi-individuals with slight differences in personality to the point that they're both one person and yet also like very close sisters.
- Magic Skirt
- Me's a Crowd: When under the influence of magic her duplication power spirals out of control creating dozen of copies that continue to endlessly fill the Legion's spacecraft.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Superman X / Kell-El
- Biological Mashup: He's the result of Superman's DNA being mixed with Kryptonite and as such is immune to the green rocks effects. It also has the added side effect of granting him different powers.
- Cloning Blues
- Genetic Engineering Is the New Nuke: Created specifically to turn the tide against Imperiex in the 41st Century.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Green Eyes
- Lawful Good
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Saturn Girl. In "Chain of Command", he tried to protect her from harm's way, but she told him he can take care of herself and leaves before he can apologize. In the episode "In the Beginning", he's upset with Saturn Girl for always taking Lightning Lad's side.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lightning Lad calls him out for not even having the time to visit Saturn Girl while she's in a temporary coma.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.