|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Each Kokiri has his or her own guardian fairy. However, there is one boy who does not have a fairy ... because he's a sick little weirdo."—Deku Tree - Adamwestlapdog's Ocarina of Time Abridged
Link: Sarcastic comment!Navi: Something about muffins!
Navi: Blatant stupidity!
Rauru: Sexual innuendo!
Sheik: Generic female voice!
—Xanauzumaki's Ocarina of Time Abridged
The Legend Of Zelda series is one of the more popular sources for material for Abridged Series on YouTube. For example, adamwestslapdog has already finished an abridged series based on Ocarina Of Time, and is currently working on one for Majora's Mask. xanauzumaki has already completed abridged series for two Zelda games, Twilight Princess and Ocarina Of Time, in that order, with a Majora's Mask abridged series currently in progress. And tauberpa has abridged Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, and is just now working on abridging Twilight Princess. Just like other abridged series, these point out weird plot-points of the original work and add some pop-culture references as well.
adamwestslapdog's version includes examples of the following tropes:
- Aliens Steal Cattle: In Majora's Mask. The cow is Earth's most precious resource.
- All Women Love Shoes: Navi has some despite having no feet at all.
- Already Met Everyone:
Link: "Hey, are all you sages just gonna turn out to be all the people I met as a kid?"
Princess Ruto: "Yeah, probably."
- Already Undone for You: Lampshaded in the Fire Temple and averted in the Forest Temple.
- Anti-Villain: Ganondorf at first; he just committed crimes in order to avoid guards getting released. He only actually starts being malevolent when he believes he had truly become evil after injuring Link with a glow-in-the-dark baseball, and found out he was related to Richard Nixon.
- Apocalypse How: The Halloween special ends with the possessed Skull-Kid destroying the world. Then recovering to find himself to be all alone.
- Armor Is Useless: Well, Link's fireproof suit is useless, since he just painted it red to camouflage him from the flames.
- Artifact of Doom: Majora's Mask, Skull-Kid's Halloween costume.
- Australian Accent: "What in the name of Crocodile Dundee is goin' on here?"
- Ax Crazy: Uncle Fanboy, after a second filler episode in a row was released.
- Berserk Button: Never call Tatl "Navi". Like Navi, she doesn't have any patience with morons like Link. Link, of course, refuses to learn that his new partner's name is Tatl.
Link: Then you should have gone before you left!
- Uncle Fanboy can't stand filler episodes.
- Big No: At the end of the opening dream sequence.
- Black Comedy Rape: Opening dream sequence and episode 6 (twice).
Link: I mean he didn't have a penis so technically he didn't stick anything anywhere but it was the fact he was trying frightened me.
- Brain Bleach: Episode 5 after looking into AdamWestsLapdog's room.
Link: Ah! My virgin eyes!
- Brick Joke: In the last episode of OoT, Ganondorf recognises the room he's been banished to as the room seen in episode five.
- Single-episode variant in episode 2 of Majoras Mask. Link spends a few minutes near the beginning obsessing over the dead tree in the tunnel (you know the one), and how it "looks so sad". Tatl finally snaps him out of it, and they proceed through the first three-day cycle. They eventually get to the clock tower, where Skull Kid prompts them to look up, and the episode ends with:
Link: Holy sweet zombie Jesus, look at the moon! It's got a face! And it looks so sad...
Man on Flying Carpet: "I am not this great Bin Laden that you speak of. I am... American businessman. Osama... Erm... Smith. See! I drive American Mustang. (Holds up scroll with strange symbols.) And look: English."
- Call Back: In episode 8.
Ganondorf: What are you screaming for, boy?
Link: Oh, sorry, I got confused for a while and thought this was episode one.
- Calling Your Attacks: Every single action in the Ganondorf vs. Link fight.
- Spinny attack!
- Catch Phrase: As with many abridged series, there are a number of these.
- Ouch, my groin!
- It looks so sad...
- Navi, You So Crazy!
- Character Filibuster/Author Filibuster: The line between the abridger and Link in regards to a cancelled show about a floating head detective (he defended it on the grounds of of What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?) is blurred.
- Childhood Marriage Promise
- Childs Play: adamwestslapdog promised to make a whole "Party, Party, Party" song if people donated enough. Enough was raised... but he has admitted severely times that he's lazy.
- Chuck Norris: One of the masks in Majora's Mask turns Link into him.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Cliff Richard music.
- Curse Cut Short: Played Straight and Parodied.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: Navi threatens her partner quite a lot (and sometimes does make her threats true)
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: The Deku Princess knows that the palace guards won't be enough to stop the Hero of Time, so she calls in a number of other (increasingly large) forces to help, concluding with the Galactic Empire. Link still wins.
- Deadpan Snarker: Navi, and especially Tatl. Link's idiocy is just snark fodder.
- Death by Irony: Parodied with Volvagia.
Link: "So a country-singing dragon had it's head smashed in with a giant hammer... How ironic."
- Difficulty Spike: According to Link, mastering Guitar Hero on medium is impossible unless you have a tarantula trained to press the buttons.
- Double Entendre: Episode two
Deku Tree: I want you... inside me.
Navi: Don't you think you could have worded that a little bit better?
- Dreadful Musician: Darunia
- Drop the MC Hammer
- Dumbass Has a Point: Though rarely, Link does sometimes get things right.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Malon decides to call Link Snotball and Zelda does it as well.
- Fanboys: They get mentioned some times.
- Filler: There are some filler episodes and they are lampshaded:
Rauru: "Stop mentioning the filler episode or else the fanboys will get enraged."
- Whilst on his search for the Sage of the Farm.
- Flashback Echo: Lampshaded
Link: "Oh, because this is just a memory. And in memories, the last two words of every sentence get said three times ... three times ... three times."
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Navi states the reason link can't be dead is because when he dies, he'll "end up in a place with a lot more fire and brimstone." Link wonders why he'd end up in a fire and brimstone factory.
- Going Commando: Purely a comfort thing for Link.
- Global Warming: Parodied in the intro of episode 10 of Majora's Mask.
This episode is brought to you by Al Gore.
- Hammerspace: Lampshaded when Link asks where he's been keeping all his coins.
- Idiot Hero: For starters Link thought the Deku Tree just had a funny last name instead of an actual tree.
- The biggest example of Link being an idiot is in the second to last episode where Sheik has something very important to tell Link and Zelda appears in his place... and Link tells her to wait because Sheik will be back any moment to tell him the important thing. Then after Ganondorf kidnaps Zelda his brain starts working and he decides that after Sheik vanished, Zelda appeared who was then kidnapped by Ganon... which means Sheik was Ganon all along! Which does make some sense.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place: The guard at the gate warns Link that they did not name the "Death Mountain" like that without a reason.
- He was worried about the Shadow Temple but Sheik lies and says it's full of white rabbits.
- If You Die, I Call Your Stuff: Episode 14. "I call dibs on his CD player."
- Incredibly Lame Pun: There are some with possibly the most triumphant example being the one involving Saw in episode 16 of Ocarina Of Time. The creator apologized for this one.
- Innocent Innuendo: The Happy Mask Salesman plays with his massive organ. The instrument, of course.
- Insane Troll Logic: Link and his "fire-proof" suit reasoning and his stealth suit in Majora's Mask.
- Princess Ruto using a mailbox to get a letter to her father from inside Lord Jabu Jabu.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Episode 10 of Majora's Mask has its field day with this.
- I Regret Nothing! Apart from dying.
- Literal Minded: When Dark Link is mentioned, Link thinks about a black version of him, looking like Mr. T
- But instead he turns out to be the link from the animated show.
- Upon getting the hook shot and mistaking it for a mini-rocket launcher:
Navi: I think it's actually a hook shot.
Link: Oh please, who would ever want to shoot a hook?
- Locked Door: Who needs keys when you have a giant hammer?
- Love At First Sight
- MacGuffin: The medallions which you got in the game are parodied for being that by being called "oversized novelty coins".
- Also the sacred stones, which Zelda wants for no reason other than they look pretty.
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: Link almost stayed with Saria before his adventure even began but run away after Saria asked if he would want to watch Whoopi Goldberg movies with him.
Saria: "Why does no one likes Whoopi Goldberg except me?"
- He also assumes Nabooru has man hands as soon as he picks up the Silver Gauntlets.
- Music for Courage: Played with, since it's Ganondorf who played the uplifting music after Zelda complained that he was playing dark music for twenty minutes.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Tatl is not happy with being called "Navi".
- Ingo and Talon say they aren't Luigi and Mario... but they are in the flashback...
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Link with setting the Deku Tree on fire and the entire forest, accidentally kills the pet Dodongo, killing Lord Jabu Jabu, accidentally steals Epona because he can't get off and causes the ranch to go bankrupt, leaves the Gorons to die in the Fire Temple, and leaves some bombs in the volcano which causes it to erupt and sets fire to the entire town of Kakariko Village.
- In Majora's Mask, Link attacks Majora with a snot bubble- right before he was going to make a Face Heel Turn- causing him to continue with destroying the world, goes on a Goron race to get a bottle and causes a rock-slide crushing a scientist who had cured all diseases but he went out to play with his daughter before he wrote it down. He also managed to "rescue" a fish from drowning at the Great Bay. He also killed the Skeleton King who makes it quite clear that sunlight is his one weakness after he said he and his unbeatable army would help kill Skullkid.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Lampshaded in a dialogue which used to be the page quote.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Invoked in the first minutes of episode six of Majora's Mask with a big battle being announced but not shown since "obviously though, a fight scene as spectacular like this could never appear in such a low-budged internet video such as this.". We only get to see a shot of a monkey riding a bicycle.
- Only Sane Man: Navi plays this role with Tatl taking over for Majora's Mask.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Navi immediately recognizes who Sheik is but is shot down by Link.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Apparently, Zelda likes Tobey Maguire in tight, revealing spandex a lot...
- Poke the Poodle: Pre-time skip Ganondorf runs on this, his most evil crime being stealing a glow-in-the-dark baseball.
- Precision F-Strike: Subverted twice, both by Link.
Link: Son of a bi-
Narrator: Meanwhile two seconds earlier at the exact same location.
Link: Son of a biscuit.
- Public Service Announcement: Parodied, King Zora warns us that we shouldn't eat adventurers because being a Womb Level could be unhealthy. Paraphrased a well known Sonic Sez clip.
- Punctuated for Emphasis:
Link, on The Legend of Zelda TV series: Can't! Resist! Dorkiness!
- Punny Name: In the original. Tatl the fairy has a brother named Tael. If you put them together you get Tael Tatl.
- Rule of Three: See Flashback Echo above.
- Running Gag: Link still believing that Tatl is in fact Navi.
- Schizo-Tech: Aside from the actual occasions of this in the original games, a lot of things from our modern world has found their way into the Fantasy Counterpart Culture.
- Selective Obliviousness: Link is stupid but he does have his smart moments. He openly ignores anything Zelda says that implies she isn't his girlfriend.
Zelda: I'm going to throw you in the dungeon.
Link: Aw, you're so sweet. Did you hear that, Navi? She's giving us a room.
- Self-Deprecation: Lots, mainly his editing, voiceacting, and catchphrases.
- Sidequest: In Ocarina Of Time Young Link is not willing to do these after what happened during the Sun Song's quest
- Spoiled Brat: Zelda.
- Squick: In-universe, on various occasions.
Link: If I wasn't a plant I'd be vomiting right now.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Episode 2
Link: Not like there's a dungeon or anything inside you.
Deku Tree: Yeah... And if I did - which I don't - it probably wouldn't have multiple floors and basements... also other monsters.
- Take That: As usual with this type of series. Some "victims" include Whoopi Goldberg, Cliff Richard, Halo 3 and Richard Nixon.
- Though probably not as much as the CD-i games.
- Tempting Fate: Happens a lot.
- Episode 2: Deku Tree: "I have a really good feeling about this." Then Link sets him on fire.
- Tennis Boss: Just like the game, Link beats Ganondorf's phantom Bannondorf this way.
- Though Link only beat him because he plays Wii tennis.
- They Called Me Mad: Danpe
- This Loser Is You: Uncle Fanboy
- Too Dumb to Live: A number of character, but Link is the biggest example.
Navi: "How you've managed to survive this long is a mystery to me."
- When Link breaks into Hyrule castle the guards mistake him for a walking, talking hedge.
- Unfortunate Names: Our hero's full name is Link Inpark.
- Violation of Common Sense: Link gets faster to Ganondorf by running backwards. This is lampshaded by Navi.
- There's a mailbox inside Lord Jabu Jabu. It's lampshaded by Link.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: Zelda, taken to extremes.
Zelda's First Line: Hey, assface, how'd you get past my guards?
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: According to Rauru, it's the gayest superpower ever.
- Who's Laughing Now?: People called Dande mad for digging up graves for an underground race course but then Link visits him. Subverted since Navi immediately points out that it's still completely insane.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Majora's Mask, episode 12, Link guesses that the next temple is through the zombie fort and learns they're in opposite directions... and then that the key to the temple is in the boss chamber in the fort
- You Have to Burn the Web: Unfortunately, the Deku Tree (and the rest of the Kokiri Forest) also happened to be flammable.
- You Shall Not Pass:
Biggoron: "My name is Biggoron, guardian of this temple and I say: none shall pass. Especially any heroes of time who stole the sword from me in the last series."
xanauzumaki's version includes examples of the following tropes:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Link from Ocarina of Time Abridged is known to be a chronic masturbator.
- And in a deleted Twilight Princess Abridged scene, so is Dangoro.
- All Men Are Perverts: Midna seems to think so.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes
- Anticlimax Boss: Lots of 'em.
- Especially the eyeball bosses.
- Art Shift: While the episodes consist mainly of footage from Let's Plays, some scenes are animated using Adobe Flash.
- Ascended Extra: Shad went from being a minor character in Twilight Princess Abridged to being the narrator of Ocarina of Time Abridged.
- Author Avatar: Link, in either series. Also, Midna.
- Ax Crazy: Link can be this at times.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT correct Midna when she confuses Fused Shadows with Mirror Shards. You WILL regret it.
- Also, if Ilia sees something bad has happened to Epona, even if it's just a tiny scratch, you won't hear the end of it.
- I AM NOT FRICKIN' OVERREACTING, YOU FAT SACK OF LARD!
- And do NOT say anything bad about muffins in front of Navi.
- Seriously! Don't. Diss. Muffins. In front of. Navi.
- Also, if Ilia sees something bad has happened to Epona, even if it's just a tiny scratch, you won't hear the end of it.
- Blah Blah Blah: Mido's taunt aimed directly at Link:
- "Myeh myeh myeh myeh! Myeh myeh myeh myeh myeh sword and shield myeh myeh myeh!"
- But You Screw One Goat!: Ilia seems to love Epona a lot more than she loves Link.
- Catch Phrase: Oh, sorry, did you say something? I was thinking about boobs.
- Yay, muffins!
- OH GOD, I'M ON FIRE!
- I don't know, Mask. I don't think this is a good idea.
- Yes, it is.
- Huh. I never thought of it that way.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Navi. Big time.
- To quote another Zelda abridged series: Navi, you so crazy!
- Don't forget about Zant!
- Compensating for Something: Ganondorf has a really tiny penis, doesn't he?
- Curse Cut Short: After the Zora King takes a LONG time to move out of the way.
Link: Son of a bi-- [cut to Shad]
Shad: After cleverly censoring the word "bitch" with this scene transition...
- Dirty Old Man: Mayor Bo. AND HOW.
- Also Rauru.
- Dirty Old Woman: Kotake.
- Dreadful Musician: Link, in any season. Midna and Epona really don't like his singing.
- Even the Guys Want Him: It's hard to find any male character who DOESN'T want to have sex with Link.
- Expy: Rauru is basically Mayor Bo 2.0.
- Fate Worse Than Death: This...
- Funny Schizophrenia: Zant. Just ask his 27 multiple personalities.
- MIDNA: Let me go, Zant!
- ZANT: Don’t even bother struggling, Midna. You’re outnumbered.
- MIDNA: What do you mean, outnumbered? There’s two of us and only one of you.
- ZANT: Ah, but that’s where you’re wrong. There’s the two of you versus me and my twenty-seven multiple personalities!
- VOICES IN ZANT’S HEAD: That’s right, you tell her!
- Hey, shut up and get back in my head!
- Why don’t you shut up and get back in MY head?!
- We have the same head, stupid!
- You’re stupid!
- No, you’re stupid!
- No you’re stupid!
- Zant, dinner’s almost ready.
- Mom! Shut up, I’m in the middle of something right now!
- AND IF YOU INTERRUPT ME AGAIN I’M GOING TO SLICE YOU OPEN AND FEAST ON YOUR ENTRIALS, AND THEN I’LL SLIT YOUR THROAT AND DRINK THE BLOOD FROM YOUR VEINS!
- And sing a song about cultural equality! “It’s a small world after all, It’s a small world after all-”
- STOP SINGING!
- And don’t tell me to shut up! You shut up!
- No YOU shut up!
- EVERYBODY, JUST SHUT UP!
- MIDNA: …………………I can’t tell whether that was incredibly funny or just plain terrifying.
- Go for the Eye: An eyeball boss. What a surprise.
- There are so many eyeball bosses in the Zelda series, that one episode includes a montage consisting of nothing but them.
- Gross Up Close-Up: Saria's arm.
- Grumpy Old Man: Several of the elderly characters in this series, who are senile and want Link to "get off my lawn"! For example, the Goron elduhz.
- Koume is a Grumpy Old Woman.
- Heroic Sociopath: Ocarina of Time Abridged Link, in a nutshell.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Although Xana voices everyone, the "voices" of quite a few characters appear in the wrong series. For example, when Link meets Sheik, one of the voices in Sheik's head sounds very much like Zant from Twilight Princess Abridged.
- Also, many of the characters Xana voices sound extremely similar to Family Guy characters, for some reason. Seriously, just compare Stewie's voice to...anyone.
- If You Die, I Call Your Stuff: Ilia says this in episode 2 of Twilight Princess Abridged.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Lord Fizzytexture, the Soda Demon, is also called The Devil Incarbonate.
- Also, at the Shadow Temple, Link encounters Lord Fizzytexture in its "fizz-ical" form.
- Indian Store Owner: Renado talks like that because the author "can't do a good Jamaican accent".
- One of the Gorons in Ocarina of Time Abridged also talks like this.
- Larynx Dissonance: Xana does the voices for all the characters - even the female ones!
- Generic female voice!
- Lemony Narrator: Twilight Princess Abridged has one.
- The Load: Navi.
- The Sages from Twilight Princess Abridged aren't very helpful, either.
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Muffin-O-Vision: While in Jabu-Jabu's body, Navi mistakes an Electric Jellyfish for - you guessed it - a muffin.
- Mushroom Samba: Those Magic Beans can really mess up the mind, man.
- Nerds Are Virgins: Will Shad EVER manage to land a woman?
- Never Trust a Trailer: When encountering Fyrus, Link expects the epic showdown that he saw in a trailer for the actual game... and then the battle itself ends up being completely anticlimactic.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: When Zora's Domain is frozen over in Twilight Princess Abridged, Link thinks that using a giant flaming boulder from Death Mountain will melt the ice. It actually does that... and ends up wiping out the Zora race in the process.
- Rutela, obviously, is not pleased.
- Only Sane Man: Link could very well be the only sane character in Ocarina of Time Abridged.
- Tatl could also be the Only Sane Fairy.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Link pretty much knows who Sheik is about ten seconds after her introduction.
- Spoiler alert!
- Navi, you were supposed to say it before I said her name.
- Spoiler alert!
- Patchwork Map: Lampshaded in episode 11 of Twilight Princess Abridged.
Link: What the hell? The desert is located right next to Lake Hylia?
Auru: Hell yeah!
Link: Is it even geographically possible for those two completely different climates to be located right next to each other without any kind of natural transition at all?
Auru: Well, in the land of Hyrule it is! In fact, if you walk through a door in Zora's Domain and keep walkin' for about two meters, you'll end up in a snowy mountain region!
Link: What the hell is wrong with the geography of this game?
Auru: Look, kid... there's a lot of things wrong with this game besides the geography.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Which could explain why the opening conversation in episode 13 of Twilight Princess Abridged revolves around nothing but wisdom teeth.
- Reason You Suck Speech: Midna gives a really big one at the end of Twilight Princess Abridged.
- Also, Link from Ocarina of Time Abridged gives one to Navi.
- Reality Warper: The Happy Mask Salesman
Happy Mask Salesman:Reality is my bitch, and i keep my pimp hand strong.
- Remembered I Could Fly: To get from the Hyrule Castle dungeon to Princess Zelda's room, Midna suggests navigating through the sewers and traversing the rooftops, and Link actually does all this... only for Midna to remember at the last minute that she could have teleported him there and saved him all the trouble.
Link: I... hate you... so much...
- There are also a few episodes of Ocarina of Time Abridged where Navi suddenly remembers that she could actually fly.
- Sassy Black Woman: In a deleted Twilight Princess Abridged scene, Telma is depicted as this.
- Shout-Out: The guy sitting on the magic carpet in the middle of the Haunted Wasteland selling Bombchus is implied to be the ancestor of Coro, the guy with the afro in Faron Woods who sells Link a Lantern and Lantern Oil in Twilight Princess.
Tatl: Skull Kid, I don’t think you should be recklessly cartwheeling like that.
Skull Kid: You can’t tell me what to do! Ha ha! *crash offscreen* Oh, shit.
Cabbage Salesman: *offscreen* MY CABBAGES!!!
Skull Kid: I am SO sorry.
Cabbage Salesman: Nowhere I go is safe! NOWHERE!
- Somebody Else's Problem: The Sages in Twilight Princess Abridged, when they don't want to deal with Ganondorf, decide to make him this.
- Spiders Are Scary: Link is really freaked out by these eight-legged crawlies.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Mayor Bo and/or Zant, in any episode they're in.
- They even make an appearance in Ocarina of Time Abridged too. Mayor Bo appears as either himself or Rauru, and Zant makes an appearance as the voice in Princess Zelda's head!
- Stalker with a Crush: Saria. Trust me, you do not want to know what she made that ocarina from.
- Also, Colin.
- Straw Misogynist: Link from Twilight Princess Abridged.
- Tempting Fate: Link from Twilight Princess Abridged. ALL THE TIME.
- That Came Out Wrong
Majora's Mask: You think I'm afraid of you because you're a dick? I eat dicks for breakfast!
Majora's Mask: ...That didn't come out right.
- That's What She Said: What could very well be Darunia's Catch Phrase.
- The Mad Hatter: Zant. Even more so than in the original.
- The Unintelligible: The Moblin leader.
- ...Well, at least to Link and Midna. Everyone else can clearly understand what he's saying, though.
- Throw It In: Several examples, though the biggest one is probably Midna mistakenly calling the Mirror Shards "Fused Shadows" in an episode. It eventually turned into a Running Gag.
- Token White: Xana.
Ganondorf: Oh my god! He's so white! I'm going blind!
- Too Dumb to Live: Navi.
- Also, Tael.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Navi likes muffins. a lot.
- Unsound Effect: Clang, clang.
Zant: That wasn't epic at all.
- Voice of the Legion: HE SPOKE BLASPHEMY!
- Weaksauce Weakness: "You can't harm the invincible Majora! [...] Aaaagh! Bubbles! My one weakness!"
- A Wizard Did It: Fairies can't be killed by traditional means! Why? Magic!
- Link would normally not be able to survive a fall down a giant hole at the beginning of Majora's Mask Abridged, but that flower broke his fall. What is that flower made of? Magic!
Skull Kid: I guess magic really is the answer to everything!
- Yandere: Saria. She made an ocarina out of one of her ribs.
"Its okay! Girls have an extra rib anyways!"
- Yank the Dog's Chain: When Link asks random game characters for the location of the Hidden Village, the Hero's Shade is excited, rejoicing that after thirteen episodes he'll finally have his time in the spotlight... but then Link decides to ask someone else instead.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Courtesy of the Deku Tree.
Link: Seriously, can you quit it with the old English? No one talks like that anymore.
Deku Tree: Screweth you.
tauberpa's version includes examples of the following tropes:
- Anticlimax Boss: Plenty of them.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT burn Link's socks. Gohma found that out the hard way.
- And for the last time, Chancellor Cole is NOT a leprechaun!
- Catch Phrase: It's hero time!
- Hiiiii, Tetra!
- Covert Pervert: Tetra.
- Curse Cut Short:
King of Red Lions: "Link, you have to stop watching such bullsh-- [intro begins]
- Emo Teen: Prince Komali.
- Idiot Hero / Too Dumb to Live: Link. Every other character in the series has good reason to call him a dumbass.
- Leitmotif: The Rito postman's unofficial theme is "Please Mr. Postman". The characters can't help but sing it whenever he's around, much to his annoyance.
- The evil train's theme seems to be "Crazy Train".
- Take That: One episode of Phantom Hourglass Abridged is a massive one against WMG.