|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Legend of Fae is PC game by Endless Fluff Games. A hybrid of a simple side-scrolling RPG and a Match Three Game, it's the story of Claudia Bernard, a young engineer's apprentice on a quest to find her Uncle Monte. However, her journey isn't an easy one as hostile Fae creatures have begun to invade her home island and impede her path. Fortunately, she is aided by a magic lantern and her four Elemental friends.
Pairs of different coloured orbs are swapped around the playing field; when three of the same colour are lined up horizontally or vertically, they break and release mana to be stored in the lantern. Once you have enough mana of a particular element, the corresponding Elemental is summoned. The Elemental can then be used to cast spells to defeat enemies and overcome obstacles. The lantern can be upgraded between levels to access more powerful spells.
- Aerith and Bob: The names of the Elementals are Nixie, Enki, Gust and Fred.
- Barrier Warrior: Enki the earth Elemental summons rock walls around Claudia every time she casts an earth spell. His Status Buff increases her defense for a limited time.
- Elemental Absorption: Casting a spell on Faeries with the same elemental alignment will either nullify the spell or heal the Faery.
- Elemental Barrier: In addition to Enki above, certain Faeries can summon walls of different elements as well.
- Elemental Embodiment: The four Elementals are pure embodiments of the four elements: water, fire, earth and wind.
- Elemental Powers: Using the magic lantern like a sorcerer's staff, Claudia can use the Elementals to cast spells.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Each element has another that counters it. The sequence is cyclic: Water --> Fire --> Earth --> Wind --> Water (each element counters the one on its right). Casting a spell that counters an Faery's elemental alignment increases the damage output and, if it kills them, also increases the score multiplier at the end of the battle.
- Faery Tale: Quite literally with the presence of Faeries, but the game does use themes and tropes common in Fairy Tales. Lampshaded when Lumi the Stigandr tragically dies after she helps Claudia seal the Gate of Water; the story text in the cutscene afterwards states that "[this] is often the case with faery tales".
- Four-Element Ensemble: The Elementals.
- Insistent Terminology: The Elementals make it clear that they are not Faeries.
- Lost Forever: Resetting your lantern upgrades to return your gears costs you one of those gears, which you can never get back.
- The Medic: Although each Elemental can eventually be used to heal Claudia, Nixie the water Elemental automatically heals Claudia as she walks between battles. Her Status Buff gradually heals her during battles.
- Third Person Person: Pan, the guardian of the Gate of Wind.