|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This story is about a Phantom Zone Picture of an Elegant Gothic Lolita, murdered by Mad Artist Marchello Orlando to eternally preserve her youthful beauty, and Eiri Kurahashi, a young art student who becomes obsessed with her. The anime OVA was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo and featured music by Yuki Kajiura.
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette provides examples of:
- Awesome but Impractical: Although Eiri's creating a portrait of the real Cossette in his own blood is awesome.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: See for yourself. Makes the scene in which Cosette hugs naked Eiri while not wearing anything except for a cape a little bit less squicky.
- The Beautiful Elite
- Blood Magic
- Creepy Child
- Crucified Hero Shot
- Dark Reprise: Listen closely to Silent Ceremony it's a darker and creepier version of The Main Theme.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Enfant Terrible: Marchello Orlando's Cossette
- Fortune Teller
- Hey, It's That Voice!: (Michelle Ruff's Cosette sounds like a really creepy Aoi Sakuraba.)
- In the Hood: Cosette shows up in this occasionally, carrying a candle with a blue flame.)
- Mad Artist
- May-December Romance
- Mind Screw: filled with High Octane Nightmare Fuel.
- Ominous Chanting: In 'Kajiuran' language that is unique to Yuki Kajiura's music.
- Painting the Fourth Wall: A few times, actually.
- Phantom Zone Picture
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?
- What Do You Mean Its Not Symbolic