|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
In other words, the most common physical response to an in-universe Crowning Moment of Funny: a character gripping his stomach in pain and laughing hard enough to weep. Some characters may remain standing, others may roll around on the floor or have to sit down. Not related to Die Laughing...hopefully.
- In the Great Teacher Onizuka manga, Kunio Murai spots Onizuka walking around with an ugly, fat older woman, and has this reaction before learning that the lady in question is his friend's mother.
Kunio: BWA HA HA HA HA! I thought bestiality was illegal in this country!
- In his climatic fight vs. Odin, Kenichi Shirahama starts to imitate his various masters in order to throw off Odin's Awesomeness By Analysis Kung Fu Clairvoyance. Some masters cheer with pride at seeing Kenichi imitate them, while others nervously deny that they look or sound like that - and then Kenichi delivers a spot-on imitation of Akisame Koetsuji, complete with short lecture. Akisame states his approval...while the other masters crack up. Even Kousaka Shigure has a hard time holding it in.
- Commonly displayed by the Hikaru and Kaoru in Ouran High School Host Club, particularly when they manage to get the better of Tamaki. See the episode where Tamaki utterly fails to impersonate Haruhi and resulting Ocular Gushers from the laughing twins.
- A short but simple example from near the end of Mattimeo
Orlando laughed so hard he hurt his jaw.
- An earlier episode of One Piece has Nami and Usopp dying of laughter after Zoro shoved his glass of water down Luffy's throat where the latter had flicked a booger into it.
- In Sinfest, Slick clutches his stomach while laughing.