|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"It's like Match Game with puppets...which as I say it sounds idiotic, but we think it's funny."—Larry Miller, trying to explain the show to Don Imus.
Game Show Tropes in use:
- Bonus Round: Correctly guess eight true/false statements in two separate but comedically-overlapping categories in 43 seconds for $10,000 (or so, as the show tinkered with the amount each episode, going as high as $25,000).
This show provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Both the panelists and host reveled in this. They often talked about going out for drinks, and the panel (plus the contestants) had drinks sitting before them.
- Bottle Fairy: Cashmere Ramada.
- Camp Gay: William A. Mummy.
- Precious Puppies: Cashmere Ramada...or at least until she starts talking.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The panelists were thin parodies of existing celebs, but tended to revel in it rather than hide it.
- Shelly Oceans --> Joan Rivers.
- William A. Mummy --> Paul Lynde.
- Cashmere Ramada --> Paris Hilton.
- Sebastian Simian --> Simon Cowell.
- Puppet Show: Uh-huh.
- Songs in the Key of Panic: The contest music from the Bonus Round. It sped up as you went along.
- Special Guest: On the third and fifth episodes, an actual celebrity in puppet form filled-in for one of the regulars. The fill-ins were Mickey Rourke and Rosie O'Donnell for Simian and Oceans, respectively.
- Weasel Mascot: Weasel.
- Upperclass Twit: Cashmere Ramada.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.