|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Last Night on Earth is a zombie-themed modular board game created by Flying Frog Productions in which players are split into two groups: Heroes and Zombies. The game objective changes based on which of several different given scenarios has been selected for play. The game takes great care in its thematic elements to achieve the look and feel of a zombie movie, causing the game to exhibit some of the most classic horror movie tropes
This board game contains examples of:
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: The first three teenage female heroes, Amanda, Sally, and Jenny
- The Drifter
- Five-Man Band The original adult heroes plus Sam from the first big-box expansion:
- Game Breaker Combine Father Joseph with Becky, on a 3+ and a wound you take out a zombie card, then you heal him
- Or you could just have the Father pray in the church for a few rounds and make him invincible
- And give Johnny the Chainsaw
- Revolvers Are Just Better : Sheriff Anderson seems to think so, and though they aren't the most powerful gun in the game, they certainly win for reliability.
- Too Awesome to Use (Dynamite, Gasoline)
- You Don't Want to Die a Virgin, Do You? The Zombie player(s) can play a card (called "Last Night on Earth") with this effect. It keeps a pair of male and female heroes from doing anything that turn.
- Zombie Apocalypse Well, duh.
A listing of the playable heroes and the tropes that apply to them if not to the game directly.
- Father Joseph, The Priest
- Sam, The Diner Cook (from the Growing Hunger Expansion)