|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Last Man Standing is a graphic novel series by Daniel Lu'Visi. The series, set 600 years in the future of an Alternate Universe, concerns a covert operations Super Soldier named Gabriel, who was formerly employed by a paramilitary organization named Armtech.
Gabriel was originally the only Paladin of WWXIII (which involved a conflict with mars) to survive, and thus became the Last Man Standing. He returned home to Amerika, loved and adored by the people and Armtech. He made the country into a virtual Utopia as he basically kicked all the criminal ass he could find.
Admired and celebrated by most, Gabe’s world takes a sudden turn when he finds himself framed by the terrorist group Pandemonium, for a series of atrocious crimes he had no part in. For these alleged crimes, Gabriel is sent to the treacherous Level-9 Prison Facility and incarcerated with the very scum he helped put away.
After nine years of torture and agony, the once famed hero kills his captors and escapes the 9 levels of hell he has been condemned to. From here on forward, Gabriel embarks on a journey into the heart of darkness; the New Amerika, a world filled with colorful and deadly characters that will either help or try to eliminate him – neither of which attitude is always transparent. As the once invincible hero digs deep to unravel the true reason behind his framing, he also discovers a problem he never had to face before: He’s dying; and quickly.
Provides Examples Of:
- Action Girl: All female characters, except for Bonnie. Kind of ironic considering she's, you know, a robot.
- Ax Crazy: Looks like Abaddon sure isn't the talkative type.
- Badass: All named characters, other than Bonnie.
- Bio Augmentation: Armtech dabbles in this.
- BFG: Gabriel sports one, as shown in the picture at the top of the page. It looks remarkably similar to a Bolter.
- Jawsome carries one as well.
- Celestial Body: Hex, as shown here, is the entire universe in one entity.
- Cyborg: A few of them are running around. The most notable one would be Judge, a zombie Psycho Electro Glass Cannon who used to be a Russian Soldier before his death while working for Armtech. He got better, and now he's looking to lay down a Roaring Rampage of Revenge against the people who left him to die.
- Deadpan Snarker: Gabriel.
- Dirty Cop: Noa, ironically.
- Guns Akimbo: A couple characters use this.
- Mad Doctor: Pain.
- Mega Corp: Armtech.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Just about Gabriel's only super power.
Gabriel: Before you start getting excited, I can't fly. I don't have x-ray vision or claws and I wasn't bitten by any insects. I can't regenerate and as much as I'd love to be, I'm not a multi-billionaire with a fascination for winged mammals. What I can do is kick ass and take a whole lot of ass kicking.
- Once in a Blue Moon: Ronin first became a werewolf under a blue moon.
- One-Man Army: His character bio uses these exact words to describe Gabriel.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Ronin, Gabriel's best friend from Louisiana.
- Parental Abandonment: Eris' dad was Driven to Suicide when he lost all his money, and her mother was killed by an Armtech officer that she dated to get over her husband's death.
- Perma Stubble: Several Badass guys sport one, including Gabriel.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: You may notice that this happens a lot to Armtech.
- Physical God: Hex. Yes, that's the entire universe in him.
- Robot Dog: RO-bot K-9, or RO for short. He differs in that he's a bipedal, Cyborg dog built for WWXIII who went rouge. He then hooked up with a cat (apparently the creator's) that can act named GIZMO.
- A cyborg dog who can turn into face makeup. Nice.
- Robot Maid: Bonnie.
- Smoking Is Cool
- Soul Brotha: Abel. So much so that he operates on a level of badassness that not even Gabriel can comprehend. Kane, his pet monkey that also sports an Afro, helps seal the deal.
- The Archer: Layla, but instead of shooting arrows, she shoots actual missiles.
- World of Badass: Oh so much.