The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Music: Parking Lot
- Critical Backlash: It was roasted upon release, but it isn't that bad.
- Genius Bonus: The names of the bad guys are references to classical music composers. And the soundtrack is partly made up of modified classical music.
- Harsher in Hindsight: It's the only role where Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver appear together, and it will certainly be the last.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Slater's interaction with Schwarzenegger still works now that he is governor.
- It gets worse/better - while the projectionist is listing things that are worse than being a fictional character, along with floods and wars, he mentions politicians. Twice.
- Also, Last Action Hero did a lot of what TV Tropes does today—years before there was TV Tropes. This website actually makes the movie a lot more hilarious than it was before.
- "When the governor gets here, call me."
- Magnificent Bastard: Benedict. See This Is Reality on the main page.
- Narm Charm: DA BED GUYS IN DEAH!!!
- Needs More Love: And A LOT of it. The movie itself is an homage/parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies, quite a risky move from today's California governor. Most things about which people complain, particularly its crappy and corny script during the in-movie scenes, are actually Self-Deprecation played for humor.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: Although the film itself is a pretty interesting Deconstruction of action films, the developers of the tie-in game decided to play everything very straight.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Even those who love the movie acknowledge that it has a kick-ass premise, but the execution falls somewhat short.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.