Larry Bond is an American author and war game designer, born in 1952. He is the author of several books in the Possible War and spy-thriller genres, and along with Tom Clancy, is one of the better known authors in the field. His books are well-regarded for their fast pace (despite their Doorstopper size) and exhaustive research and attention to detail.
Some of Mr. Bond's better known works include:
- Red Storm Rising: A collaboration with Tom Clancy, dealing with a possible scenario for World War III.
- Red Phoenix: A Second Korean War breaks out in the waning years of Kim Il-Sung's reign, as Kim Jong-Il attempts to assure his own succession to his father's position and reuinite the Koreas.
- Vortex: A reactionary Afrikaner government seizes power in South Africa just as the apartheid system is about to collapse, and invades Namibia, leading to a three-way brawl between South African, Cuban/Angolan/Libyan/Namibian/Mozimbiquan, and American forces for control of "the world's treasure house."
- Cauldron: A world-wide depression and economic blockade lead to a conflict between France & Germany on the one hand, and the USA, the UK, and the former Warsaw Pact states on the other. In the words of the author, "a trade war that no one can win threatens to escalate into a shooting war that everyone will lose."
- The Enemy Within: Spy thriller
- Day Of Wrath: Spy thriller
- On Dangerous Ground