|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- In Blue's Clues: Blue's Big Musical Adventure, Steve finally says "why don't I ever find the clues first?"
- In Ratatouille, Remy the Rat finds out that he can control Linguini's actions by pulling on his hair like a puppeteer. When Remy experiments with this unlikely technique, Linguini notes with amusement, "That's strangely involuntary."
- Looney Tunes Back in Action attempts to shrug off Product Placement by lampshading it. The heroes, lost in a desert, find a Wal-Mart, after which Daffy Duck proceeds to spout out half a dozen product names which he wants to buy, even remarking that he gets free drinks every time he says "Wal-Mart". One of the human characters remarks that "I think that at this point the viewers won't even notice anything abnormal in the scene."
Bugs Bunny: Nice of Wal-Mart to give us these Wal-Mart beverages in exchange for saying "Wal-Mart" so many times.
- Numerous times in The Emperors New Groove:
- Early on, Kronk pulls the wrong one of two levers at the entrance to Yzma's lair, dropping Yzma into the crocodile pool below and prompting her to remark "Why do we even HAVE that lever?" as she walks back to the entrance dripping wet and with a crocodile trailing by her clothing. Later, the same fate befalls Kuzco when he and Pacha are trying to get in, with the line "Why does she even HAVE that lever?"
- When Kuzco and Pacha do get into Yzma's lair, they then find that she's already inside with the potion they were looking for, despite her and Kronk being delayed on the way to the palace. Kuzco wonders how she arrived before them; unable to answer, she asks Kronk the same question. Kronk pulls down the map that was previously shown to the audience to indicate the delay and declares "You got me. By all accounts, it doesn't make sense."
- Even more later, as Yzma falls hundreds of feet from the palace, a royal guard tells a delivery guy who has inexplicably brought a soon-to-be-salvational trampoline to that exact spot, "For the last time, we did not order a giant trampoline!" The deliverer responds "You know, pal, you could have told me that before I set it up."
- "What are the odds of that trap door leading me here?"
- And then in the sequel:
Rudy: The others! I almost forgot! Th-They're about to elect Yzma emperor!
Kronk: I never knew that was an elective office.
- In Springtime with Roo, Tigger observes Rabbit's change of heart and asks "What the dickens (*looks to camera* and I mean Dickens) is going on here?".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.