The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Big Lipped Crocodile Moment - Hector's telling of his odd nightmare to Hank, who is noticeably confused and annoyed by it.
- Crazy Awesome - Hector, full stop. He seems to be a sociopathic Jerkass but it turns out he actually does know his stuff about crocodiles and how to catch them.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The crocodile. Seriously, it ate a fucking bear. Can you really get any more Badass than that, other than maybe devouring a shark to go with it?
- Crowning Moment of Funny: If nothing else, the majority of lines spoken by Betty White as Mrs. Delores Bickerman.
Delores: If I had a dick, this is where I would tell you to suck it.
- Just about everything between Hector and Sheriff Hank.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Betty White's character, but that's no surprise.
- Ho Yay: Quite a bit between Hector and Hank.
- Sequelitis: Bet you didn't know there was a Lake Placid 2, huh? Or a Lake Placid 3 for that matter. Or that a Lake Placid 4 is on its way.
- So Bad It's Good: At no point does this film take itself seriously as a horror film, but this trope still applies somewhat.
- Squick: All of the crocodile's victims are eviscerated, and in one case decapitated, and therefore disgusting.
- The Scrappy: Kelly, her constant nagging and negativity visibly annoyed the characters and tended to have the same effect on the audience.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Compared to a lot of killer croc films, Lake Placid features great special effects by both Stan Winston and Digital Domain, that, for the most part hold up. The sequels however not so much, though they do admittedly look better then most Sci-Fi Channel Original films.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.