|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Lady Mechanika is a creator-owned comic book series by Joe Benitez, inspired by the Steampunk genre.
The tabloids dubbed her Lady Mechanika, the sole survivor of a serial killer's three-year rampage through England. Authorities found her locked in an abandoned laboratory amidst an undeterminable number of corpses and body parts, her own limbs having been amputated and replaced with mechanical components.
With no memory of her captivity or her former life, Mechanika eventually built a new life for herself as a private detective, using her unique abilities to solve cases the police couldn't or wouldn't handle. But she never stopped searching for the answers to her own past.
Set in late Victorian Britain, a time when magic and superstition clashed with new scientific discoveries and inventions, Lady Mechanika is about a young woman's search for her own identity as she solves other mysteries involving science and the supernatural.
Lady Mechanika contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Lady Mechanika
- Amnesiac Hero: Lady Mechanika
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Lord Blackpool. And Commander Winter's full title is 'Lady Katherine de Winter, Countess of the St. Germaines, Bearer of the Seventh Key of the Inner Collective'.
- Blasting It Out of Their Hands: Mechanika does this to Commander Winter in issue #2. Winter loses a couple of fingers as a result.
- Combat Stilettos
- Cool Airship: Lord Blackpool's The Helio Arx.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Lord Blackpool
- Cyborg: Lady Mechanika
- Egomaniac Hunter: The Colonel in #0.
- Evil Redhead: Commander Winter
- Eyepatch of Power: Commander Winter
- Gadgeteer Genius: Lewis
- Knife-Throwing Act: Gitano of the Cirque du Romani.
- The Gunslinger: Mechanika is Types A and C.
- Of Corsets Sexy
- Robot Maid: Lord Blackpool has a robot butler.
- Those Magnificent Flying Machines: 'The Lewis Flyer', which appears to be a steampowered vintage car with ornithopter wings and a helicopter rotor that somehow still manages to fly.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: In issue #3 we learn that Lewis is a fraid of clowns.
- Zeppelins from Another World