|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Fanfic Recs: Lackadaisy
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be Zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Perennial by xcgirl08
- Recommended by Yessiika
- Synopsis: She decides, early on, that she'll not be daunted by something so minor as a few silent death threats from him: Ivy Pepper, Viktor Vasko, and the history between them.
- Comments: You know when you find a fic that takes two of your favorite characters- of any series, ever- and develops them to such a degree that you could swear that the fic itself was entirely canonical? This right here does all of that and more. Essentially, it's a story about the development of the relationship between Ivy Pepper and Viktor Vasko. Well, that's what it would be about, if that were not a laughably inadequate, bare-bones description of such a colorful, fleshed-out, detailed story. Contains some truly wonderful dialogue, spot-on characterization, and some very subtle, very moving mythology nods that move in the story like clockwork. Not explicit enough to be technically qualified as a Shipping fic, but there is a definite romantic feel underneath it all. And just as a warning- bring a snack, because this fic is long and you won't want to budge from your spot until you've finished reading it (and you may also want to bring some tissues). Absolutely wonderful in every way possible.
Prevaricate by Mind of the Childishly Naive
- Recommended by Dolphinz
- Synopsis: The moral of this story, if, uh, you need one... is that you can tell how much you were missed by how angry everyone is when you finally manage to get home in one piece; or with a piece missing, as luck would have it... heh.
- Comments: Prevaricate covers a scenario after the current canon timeline but not too far into the future and explains quite well what might happen if Calvin were to be injured on the job. The reactions are completely in character, and the story introduces an OC who is worth a try- she's very original and intriguing, even for the short time she appears in the fic. Those who'd like to read a sequel should check out chapter seven of Vignettes, which fits into the story very well and is also quite humorous.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships of the cast.
From Russia, With Love by Grindylowe
- Recommended by Dolphinz
- Synopsis: "You mean to send me on potentially dangerous work with a woman who barely knows English?" Mordecai hissed at Sweet. "That is far from ideal."
- Comments: A Mordecai-centric fic, focusing on him after joining the Marigold. Innochka, a Russian woman with similar talents as Mordecai sent to St. Louis after the Marigold pretentiously decides to begin artifact smuggling, is introduced. She's a very compelling OC, and has a personality that's anything but flat. Tracy Butler has even complimented the story and Innochka. While poised to become a romance fic, it hasn't quite yet. Overall, definitely worth a read.