|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"I work out."
—Redfoo, "Sexy and I Know It"
LMFAO is an electro pop group consisting of Redfoo and Skyblu (respectively Stefan Kendal Gordy and his 10-years-younger nephew Skyler Austen Gordy). The group was originally created in 2006, and named "Sexe Dude", but they changed it on advice from their grandmother.
Tropes pertaining to LMFAO:
- Auto-Tune: Almost all of the vocals on "Champagne Showers."
- Band of Relatives / Cool Uncle: Redfoo is Skyblu's uncle, and he party rocks like the best of them. (Redfoo's father is the founder of Motown)
- The Cameo: Most prevalent in "Sexy and I Know It" with Wilmer Valderama and Ron Jeremy. "Yes" also has a major appearance by Jamie Foxx.
- Catch Phrase: They use the phrase "Party Rocking" everywhere (both album titles, their Signature Song, their clothing line...).
- Cheap Heat: The Bowdlerized version "I'm In Miami Trick" had an album's worth of changing the city name.
- Fan Disservice: The video for "Sexy and I Know It".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Right there in the band name, which is an Internet chat acronym for "Laughing My Fucking Ass Off."
- Hidden Depths: Redfoo is a former stock market day trader and once appeared on Mad Money with Jim Cramer.
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: Which are even for sale!
- Legacy Character: The cardboard box robot head is typically played by a different person for every video.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The ten-minute music video for "Yes" makes curling look (more) like Serious Business while the song brags about life as a celebrity. What's not awesome about that?
- Older Than They Look: With the group being popular in 2012, fans can be forgiven for thinking LMFAO are young bucks. However Redfoo was born in 1975 and is nearing 40.
- Recurring Character: Alongside the cardboard head shuffling robot, there are a few other people that appear alongside the band
A guy wearing a "HI MOM!" shirt, a man wearing a large Q necklace, and the turtle backpack shuffler are the most prominent
- Refuge in Audacity: And how. Pretty much every video (and song, for that matter) fits this trope.
- Shout-Out: In "Party Rock Anthem."
On the rise to the top, no lead in our zeppelin
- Singer Namedrop: In "With You" and "Sexy and I Know It."
- Stealth Parody: "I'm In Miami Bitch"
- Technically Living Zombie: Inspired by 28 Days Later and Left 4 Dead, the music video for "Party Rock Anthem" has music-crazed "shufflers."
- Throwing Down the Gauntlet: The rival gang leader in "Sexy and I Know It", pushing Redfoo off the bar and taking over the chorus.
- Vocal Tag Team
- What Happened to the Mouse?: By the end of the video for Party Rock Anthem, the story that zombie dancers have taken over is never resolved.
- In the video for "Champagne Showers", its revealed that Redfoo and Sky Blu have become Shufflin' Zombies.
- ↑ every day they're shufflin', shufflin'