Kurt Russell is an American actor who began his career as a child in the Western series Sugarfoot. He signed a ten year contract with Disney early in his career that almost led to a lifelong series of typecasting. His best-known roles are those of Anti Heroes.
Roles of Note:
- The Fox and the Hound: Adult Copper (voice)
- Big Trouble in Little China: Jack Burton
- Overboard: Dean Proffitt
- Tango and Cash: Detective Gabriel "Gabe" Cash
- Backdraft: Stephen 'Bull' McCaffrey / Dennis McCaffrey
- Captain Ron: Captain Ron
- Tombstone: Wyatt Earp
- Stargate: Col. Jack O'Neil
- Escape from New York and Escape From L.A.: Snake Plissken
- The Thing: R.J. MacReady
- Soldier: Todd
- Sky High: Steve "The Commander" Stronghold
- Poseidon: Robert Ramsey
- Miracle: Coach Herb Brooks
- Death Proof: Stuntman Mike
- Anti-Hero: Despite the majority of his roles being in family-fare comedy, his best known roles are his anti-heroes.
- Badass: Goes without saying. But also happens to be one in real life.
- Famous Last Words: Not his--he's obviously still alive--but Walt Disney's: Disney's last communication was "Kurt Russell" scrawled on a piece of paper. Nobody, not even Russell himself, has the slightest idea what Walt meant.
- What Could Have Been: Before his acting career, Russell was actually a pro baseball player, making it as far as Double-A before a collision at second base ruined his rotator cuff and his career.