|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Riiiight. I tripped. Hit my head. And fell into a Disney movie."—Nadia
Kukuburi is a Web Comic by Ramón Pérez. It follows Nadia, a spiky-haired, goggles-wearing, scooter-riding delivery girl whose life is disrupted one day when she steps through the white picket gate and ends up somewhere else, "inbetween", in a bizarre, surreal world of a child's imagination -- playful at first, but soon turning into not just dream but nightmare. Danger and wonder lurk around every corner.
The comic has been on a long hiatus and recently resumed updating.
This work displays examples of:
- Bare Your Midriff: Nadia.
- Dem Bones: The entity known as "Him" until Nadia names him Mr. Bones is a skeleton in a black suit with red shirt and accessories, and red square glasses. He denies being the Grim Reaper when she calls him that.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted; Nadia uses her goggles when riding her scooter, and since she ends up in the other world while on a delivery run, it makes sense that she's wearing them.
- Hartman Hips: Nadia, clearly.
- Rebus Bubble
- Schedule Slip
- Shout-Out: To Bill and Teds Bogus Journey.
- Space Whale: Or air-whale, at least, including the battleship whale La Brigade du Chapeau ride to rescue Nadia from "Him".
- Surreal Horror: Half the time, surreal wonder the other half.
- Talking Animal: In the "inbetween" surreal world, most animals talk, including animals brought from our world; Nadia's pet chameleon, Mister Bojangles, talks to her immediately. In a stuffy British accent, no less.
- The Unintelligible: Zomgz speaks in electronics symbols, but doesn't have trouble being understood.