|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Kratts' Creatures is a half-hour educational children's series hosted by Chris and Martin Kratt. In this half-hour show, the Kratt brothers travel around the world and teach children about the world of animals, with help from a fifteen year old girl named Allison Baldwin and an animated anthropomorphic animal named Ttark.
- Amusing Injuries: Usually happens to the brothers.
- The most notable episode to involve this trope is "The Great Defenders".
- And then there was "Phantom Wolves", where Allison is trying to fix her computer system, gets it working, and bangs her head on the underside of her desk.
- As Himself: Chris and Martin.
- Cartoon Creature: Ttark.
- Catch Phrase: "Abso-tively" from Ttark.
- Clip Art Animation: The brief animated cutaway shots.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ttark, most of the time.
- Edutainment Show
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: "Pan Trogiodytes: An In-depth Analysis" and "Mgobo of Baboon Mountain".
- Foil: Allison and Ttark.
- Funny Animal: Ttark.
- Grand Finale: "Around Africa in Eighty Hours".
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Ttark is voiced by Ron Rubin, who also voices Artemis and Morph (and Krusha).
- In-Series Nickname: "Al" (Allison).
- Kid Sidekick: Allison.
- Land Down Under: "Around Australia in Eight Days".
- Mad Libs Catchphrase: Ttark's "[Verb]ing [animal]s!", with Added Alliterative Appeal included.
- Magical Computer: Allison owns a computer that she can use to look for animal facts.
- Medium Blending: Ttark, who appears via TV to Allison and the Kratts.
- Also, episodes have certain cutaway shots that are made using cutout animation.
- Mix and Match Critter: Ttark.
- Pantomime Animal: Both parodied and deconstructed in "Wild Ponies!". The brothers dress up as a brown stallion in order to go and meet the horses, but it gets worse when a real brown stallion neighs at them ferociously making them run away and destroy their horse costume.
- "Previously On...": In some episodes.
- Really Seven Hundred Years Old: According to Word of God, Ttark is as old as the earth itself.
- Saying Sound Effects Out Loud: Often used by Ttark.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Ttark.
- Series Mascot: Ttark.
- She's Got Legs: Allison has been a subject of this, mostly when she's seen wearing shorts.
- Some episode titles are these to movie titles, for example, "Around Australia in Eight Days" and "Around Africa in Eighty Hours".
- At one point, in "Weird Creatures", Chris imitates Scotty from Star Trek.
- Sibling Team
- Stock Footage: Most of the cutout animated cutaway shots.
- Teen Genius: Allison.
- That Came Out Wrong: Happens at one point in "In Search of the Tasmanian Tiger".
Allison: It says here it took them a number of dogs...a number of dogs? Sorry, I read that wrong. It took them a number of days to even get near the Tasmanian tiger. That makes more sense, because dogs like dingos have absolutely nothing to do with Tasmania.
- Title Drop: Happens on occasion, like with "Creatures of the Night".
- Unsound Effect: Often used by Ttark.
- Unusual Euphemism / Eureka Moment: Ttark's exclamations of "Colliding Camels!", "Grazing Gazelles!", "Hopping Hadrosaurus!", etc.
- Voice Changeling: Ttark, again. For example:
"This time, I'm not as angry. This time, (deeper voice similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger) IT'S PERSONAL!"
- Voice with an Internet Connection: Basically the purpose of Allison, except she had a Magical Database rather than the Internet. And she could somehow follow the brothers' adventures on a monitor even though they were explicitly not being followed by a camera crew in-universe. And the footage was edited in spite of it supposedly being live.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Ttark is prone to this.