The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The second-to-last episode of Kotetsushin Jeeg has both the original Jeeg's pilot and the new series' pilot both become their respective Super Robots and beat the ever loving hell out of everything around them.
- Seeing Hiroshi Shiba shout out "CYBORG CHANGE!" for the first time in aeons is... beautiful.
- Much agreed - but this troper think the scene could only have been more epic (if that's possible) if they'd kept the original voice actor for Hiroshi. It doesn't lessen the scene, but damn it would have been awesome.
- Even if you were too young for the original, you could tell this was the stuff of legends.
- Speaking of Hiroshi himself, earlier in the same episode while he has to protect Big Shooter: "I can no longer become Jeeg. My fists are more than enough for you! Come at me, Haniwa Phantom Gods!", and when Kenji and Tsubaki return from their objective, you briefly see a pile of shattered clay phantoms in the foreground.
- Not to mention the line he gives before the double Jeegs fight. "Hey, there's no air out there!" "I don't need it." Before jumping out of his spaceship and onto the moon.
- As awesome as Double Jeegs is, and it really is, it's not the only thing this show has going for it. Here's why having extra, interchangeable arms that you swap out after they're shot at you is great.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.