Kosuke Toriumi is one of the latest veteran seiyuus before the age shifts. He has a very variative voice, where he can use it as any Idiot Hero, or a stoic Badass. Sometimes, he's called "Tori-chan". He made himself known as being the voice of Strider Hiryu in his fighting game debut at Marvel vs Capcom.
According to some directors, he's the go-to guy whenever there's a role that requires a lot of impassioned screaming.
Notable roles by Kosuke Toriumi:
- Strider Hiryu in Marvel vs. Capcom (barring Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, where Yuji Ueda takes his place), Strider 2, and Namco X Capcom
- Yuri Lowell in Tales of Vesperia
- Hong Yun-seong in Soulcalibur
- Eikichi Mishina in Persona 2
- Junpei Iori in Persona 3
- Kouga Gennosuke in Basilisk
- Szayel Aporro Granz in Bleach (Oh so Playing Against Type)
- Rik Heisenberg in Di Gi Charat
- Kiba Inuzuka in Naruto
- Yuuji Kousaka in To Heart 2
- Gilbert Nightray in Pandora Hearts
- Taro Misaki (adult) in Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002
- Kiyosumi Sengoku in The Prince of Tennis
- Garlot in Blaze Union
- Kurtis in Disgaea Hour of Darkness
- Walnut in Phantom Brave
- Endorph in Soul Nomad and The World Eaters
- Archer/Robin Hood in Fate Extra
- Curio in Romeo X Juliet.
- Akira in Togainu no Chi
- Todo Heisuke in Peacemaker Kurogane
- Kurotabou in both seasons of Nurarihyon no Mago
- Saitou Hajime in Hakuouki
- Guy in the newer CD dramas and new OVAs of Ai no Kusabi succeeding Kouji Tsujitani.
- Epsilon/Shun Kazami in Towa no Quon.
- Captain Ash aka Asemu Asuno in Mobile Suit Gundam Age.