Koji Kondo is perhaps the most legendary video game music composer, alongside fellow composers Koichi Sugiyama and Nobuo Uematsu. He composed what is perhaps the most well-known video game song of all time, the Super Mario Bros. theme. He has also composed for many other Mario games, along with The Legend of Zelda series, and various other games for Nintendo.
Among other things, he is known for constantly remaking his old pieces and putting it into newer games, especially in the Mario series. This has made him somewhat of a Base Breaker among Nintendo fans, dividing them into fans who enjoy the remakes of his old pieces and fans who grow tired of these themes and say he should come up with newer pieces. Nevertheless, he is still renowned as one of the greatest composers in the industry.
Video Game Music
- Devil World (1984, along with Akito Nakatsuka)
- Doki Doki Panic (1987)
- Golf (1984)
- The Legend Of Zelda (1986)
- The Legend of Zelda a Link To T He Past (1991)
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (1998)
- Samples: Hyrule Field.
- The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask (2000, along with Toru Minegishi)
- The Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker (2002, along with Toru Minegishi, Kenta Nagata and Hajime Wakai)
- The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (2006, along with Toru Minegishi and Asuka Ota)
- The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (2009, along with Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota and Manaka Tominaga)
- Pilotwings (1990)
- Nazo no Murasamejo (1986)
- Shin Onigashima (1987)
- Soccer (1985)
- Star Fox 64 (1997, along with Hajime Wakai)
- Samples: Main theme.
- Super Mario Bros (1985)
- Super Mario Bros 3 (1988): Some of the music that premiered in this game would be rearranged sporadically in later games, such as in Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario World (1990)
- Super Mario 64 (1996)
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002, along with Shinobu Tanaka)
- Super Mario Galaxy (2007, along with Mahito Yokota)
- Samples: Good Egg Galaxy.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010, along with Ryo Nagamatsu and Mahito Yokota)
- Super Smash Bros Brawl (2008, arrangement)
- Yoshis Island (1995)