|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A manga about Koibana Onsen, a traditional Japanese bathhouse and inn, advertising itself as Koibana Onsen, the place where love blooms. That is, physical love, and the Onsen caters specifically to couples. It is run by the three sisters Fuuka, Nonoka and Moekawho are twenty-three, nineteen and fifteen years old respectively. They go pretty far in looking after their customers. A young freeter, Akiyama Kazuhiro visits on his own, after his girlfriend broke up with him shortly before their booked trip. The sisters feel sorry for him and try to give him the "couples experience", which leads to him falling in love with Nonoka and working at the onsen to be with her. A perfect setup for a harem series, but this is a Supporting Harem. The main obstacle for their love is having to work all the time.
This series features examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Moeka
- All Women Are Lustful: Kazuhiro gets quite a lot of unwanted sexual attention from female guests.
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Averted. All three male protagonists start the story as virgins, and it takes a while before they lose their virginity.
- Beach Episode
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Averted. Shuuhei is well-endowed, but this only means that it takes a long time for him and his girlfriend to get comfortable during sex.
- Bottle Fairy: Fuuka.
- Crash Into Hello: Kazuhiro and Moeka.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: yes.
- Fan Service: Well, what do you expect in a series where every episode is a Hot Springs Episode?
- First Girl Wins: More or less.
- Hot Springs Episode: Every episode, basically. However, in two chapters, the whole crew and a guest go on a vacation to -- an onsen, following all the usual Hot Springs Episode tropes.
- Kimono Fanservice: The three sisters are rarely seen withour a kimono, which is their work dress. Well, actually, you get to see them a lot without a kimono.
- Love Hotels: Gin and Moeka go to one when they first try to have sex.
- Meido: In one episode, all the girls dress up and act as maids, including a loli maid, a clumsy maid, a sexy maid and a tsundere maid.
- Modesty Towel: Sometimes worn when people go to the bath, although Kazuhiro remarks that thin wet modesty towels are even more erotic than nudity.
- Occidental Otaku: Pierre and Chloe, the Japan-obsessed couple who visit the onsen in chapter 34. They are considered very strange by the staff and are apparently intended as a parody of foreign fans of Japanese pop culture.
- Phenotype Stereotype: Pierre and Chloe have un-filled hair and eyes, apparently intended to mean that they are blonde and blue-eyed. Aside from that, however, their facial and body features are not noticeably different from the Japanese characters.
- Rape Is Ok When It Is Female On Male: Averted. Fuuka gets very angry when three college girls try this with Kazuhiro, who wants to stay true to Nonoka.
- Second Love: Quite a few characters got together with their second loves, including but not limited to the protagonist Akiyama, Moeka and Rurika.
- Sex Is Good: The whole premise of Koibana Onsen is that couples should come there to relax and have lots of happy sex.
- Supporting Harem: Kazuhiro needs some time to win over Nonoka, but the issue is never in doubt, even if the other two sisters have feelings for him too.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Nonoka