|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
After school, Torii Akira is heading home on a subway. A girl, Koharu, from his school trips, and he catches her. He helps her pick up her books, and then promptly leaves to go home. The next day at school, he starts running into her. She's incredibly grateful and praises him constantly. Akira is quite happy with this... until he walks into his classroom and sees her enthusiastically licking his recorder. Given that this is not exactly normal behavior, he tries to avoid her, but when his female friend, Tatsuki sees her, she convinces him to proceed in the relationship, unaware of the girl's strangeness.
A somewhat unusual Slice of Life Romance
- Armor-Piercing Question - "What do you love about him?"
- Because You Were Nice to Me - The reason Koharu gears her deep affection towards Akira, and the reason he decides to reciprocate. ( Deconstructed)
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Clingy Jealous Girl - against inanimate objects. Also when she finds out he already had his first kiss, she's not happy
- Crush Blush: Koharu
- Disproportionate Sacrifice - After Akira says that he's bothered by the sheer number of texts Koharu sends him, she tries to break her phone in half.
- Does This Remind You of Anything? The recorder scene.
- Foil - Akira is an Ordinary High School Student. He interacts with Tatsuki's insistance that he presses forward in his 'romance' with Koharu, and Koharu's constant obsessive actions.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack - And how! It's insane how many "Ba-dump"s the manga contains.
- Indirect Kiss - Invoked, in the first chapter, Koharu drinks the saliva out of his recorder and takes every bottle he drinks out of to keep at home, and it's implied she does other things too.
- Insane Yandere Logic : Gaining insanity with each chapter.
- I Ate What?: Akira's reaction after he eats the lunch Koharu made him after she mention filling it with her "love" and that the food was "stuffed". "What...What did she have me eat!?"
- I Drank What? - Akira decides to be the one to choose the drinks, because he's afraid she'll spike the drink with something.
- First Blood: Fans were placing bets on who they thought would be the first to be violent- Koharu or Mika. It's Akira.
- Stalking Is Funny If It Is Female After Male - Averted, Akira's horror whenever she does something weird (like gluing their hands together) is Played for Drama.
- Stalker with a Crush - Koharu, as one of the appeals of the series. Koharu's actions vary from affectionate (wanting to hold hands constantly) to creepy (the infamous recorder sucking scene) to downright bizarre (being disappointed that their literal viewpoints are not exactly the same)
- Status Quo Is God - Eh, who cares about rape and being crazy anyway, let's get back together.
- Shallow Love Interest - Deconstructed. Koharu became extremely agitated when Mika made her realize that her love for Akira, however obsessive, was built on thin air. Not that it had any lasting effect.
- Through His Stomach - Akira is reluctant to eat Koharu's food, after she mentioned that she "packed it with her love", as he is unsure whether this is a euphemism for something else.
- Yandere - As far as the first two volumes go, it's debatable whether Koharu's behavior is simply an awkward crush or proto-yandere love. However, she does show shades of this when she states that he's spent too much time with his glasses. In the later chapters, she starts acting very possessive when the inevitable third party comes in. It's also shown that to comfort herself, she licks the picture of him she has on her phone.
- And in chapter 15 Dull Eyes of Unhappiness after another bad meeting with The Rival. "I guess I'll have to love you full force from now on..." We may have a bad situation coming up.
- As of chapter 16, She seems to have gone off the deep end. We see her covering her walls in pictures of Akira, and she sports her Dull Eyes of Unhappiness the entire chapter except when using her Death Glare to scare The Rival frozen in her shoes so bad she takes on an Oh Crap expression through most of her encounters with Koharu.
- Koharu later gropes and kisses Mika in order to "regain" Akira's first kiss, leading to his What the Hell, Hero? moment and dumping her. They get back together and Mika forgives her a couple of chapters later.