The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Aesop Amnesia
- Anti-Hero: Apart from the money-making schemes, deceiving people and frequent slacking such as gambling, Ryotsu is still a Big Good cop in his heart.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: His trademark appearance.
- Catchphrase: "Why does this always happen to me?"
- Chaste Hero: Obviously had zero interest in being married, much to his superior's chagrin.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: In spite of being a lazy, hopeless cop, He'll eventually get the heroic job done if anything bad happens.
- Disney Death:
- In one chapter/Episode, Ryotsu eventually passes away with his soul leaving his body. However, as the Death God (with his face modeled after Daijiro) attempts to bring him to hell, only to repeatedly fail as Ryotsu continues to escape from him and causing mischief by jumping from body to body. As Ryotsu's soul learns that his corpse is going to get cremated, he decides to quickly return to his body, with the Death God ultimately letting him go, angrily noting that he'll eventually suffer a Fate Worse Than Death.
- In THE FINAL, Ryotsu sacrifices himself to save his friends and everyone from the destruction of the Sky Tree Tower. However, it turns out that he comes back (albeit in underwear) from the dead due to the residents of the afterlife, both Heaven and Hell and even Hell King OF ALL PEOPLE, refused to accept Ryotsu as a citizen here.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Usually ends in that way after his plans got backfired.
- Japanese Pronouns: Washi.
- Lazy Bum: Most of the goddamn time.
- Otaku: Builds models, playing remote-controlled tanks, why not?
- The Runaway: Ryotsu ran away from his home after an argument with his father, which also ended up living alone.
- Ship Tease: With Komatsu and much to his dismay; Ai Asato.
- Sidekick: Once with Inspector Nanbu.
Reiko Catharine Akimoto
- Badass Mustache
- Berserk Button: Ryotsu will always turn his anger button on no matter what.
- Catchphrase: "BAKA MO~N!" (You idiot!)
- Cool Old Guy
- Grumpy Old Man
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Loses his patience when Ryotsu did/responding something stupid. This also applies to the kindergarten's traffic training (which he scolds at Ryotsu twice in front of the children), and his attempt to work as a restaurant cashier (with him immediately fired due to losing patience to the delinquents that mocked him).
- Mean Boss: Justified as he frequently deals with his lazy subordinate. Also in sharp contrast to his previous superior's (Iwata) Benevolent Boss.
- No Indoor Voice: Sometimes strong enough to destroy an entire neighborhood police box windows.
- Older Is Better: His mindset due to being born in older times.
- Rage Breaking Point: Every time Ryotsu did something really stupid, this happens.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Examples include forcing a shrunken Ryotsu to keep working in spite of the disadvantage.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.