|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Knights Errant is a fantasy webcomic that, in the author's words, "details the lengths to which Wilfrid, a once exalted member of society, will go to reclaim favor with the courts". Namely, joining the "Errant Knights", a mercenary band known for actually having a code of honor. They are led by the young (and handsome) knight Oswald.
So far it's been rather comedic, and a little slashy.
Can be found here.
Tropes present in this work:
- Alt Text
- Art Shift: Wilfrid, sometimes. For example.
- Badass Gay: They're mercenaries. Who also have mansex.
- Bishie Sparkle: Happens with war imagery happening in the background
- Bunny Ears Lawyer: Wilfrid's really good at killing, but it's hard to deny that he's a bit of a ditz.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kadeen fits this trope pretty well, particularly in his fight with Anton.
- Character Name Alias: Wilfrid uses the name Amir when asked by Kadeen.
- The Comically Serious: A lot of the non-Wilfrid humor comes from the other strait-laced characters being put in awkward situations.
- Costume Porn: Seems to be based on Renaissance Italy.
- Dissonant Serenity: Wilfrid tends to take murder in stride, if not outright enjoy it.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Oswald.
- Field of Blades: "The king liked the Errant Knights best because their swords weren't stupid looking"
- Grim Up North: Before the Aster-Morgarian empire declared war on Vetal, the only jobs available to mercs were in the north.
- High Fantasy
- How We Got Here: The story starts with Oswald and Wilfrid in jail, then flashbacks to four years prior.
- Luminescent Blush: One right on page 11
- The Magnificent: "Wilfrid The Heartless"
- Moment Killer: A particularly funny one pulled by Amir.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Averted with Kadeen.
- Pretty Boy: Oswald.
- Sad Clown: Kadeen believes Amir to be one.
- Scars Are Forever: Quite a few characters. Considering most of them are mercenaries, it's not surprising.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Wilfrid admits to suffering from PTSD, due to being forced to eat his loyal horse.
- Shout-Out: Occasionally in the Alt Text.
- That Came Out Wrong:
"The remains of your manhood will be safe in my grasp--wait. That sounds kinda bad--"
- War Is Glorious: Discussed by Wilfrid.