The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mistletien AKA 'Mist'
- All of the Other Reindeer: Story of the poor guy's life, just look at the tournament arc. And that's if he's lucky.
- Archnemesis Dad: Mist has this going on with his.
- Badass Normal: He learns fast, trains hard, and it takes massive damage to put him out of commission, and apparently jumps like he's spring-loaded, and that's pretty much all Mist has going for him as he faces down hordes of Mooks and screaming, overpowered Knight Templars. Well, except for one other little thing...
- Because You Were Nice to Me: A non-villainous, non-quirky example, Mist is willing to fight to the death for Nina because she was the first girl ever to smile at the sight of his face.
- BFS: Oh hell yes.
- Chaste Hero: To Euphemia's unending dismay.
- Chick Magnet: Not the standard type exactly, but every girl who actually gets to know him and isn't immediately put off by his being Ambiguously Brown seems to get smitten pretty quickly. Euphemia, Nina, Gicrete...note that all of the above virtually ignore the attentions of the more stereotypically handsome Leonardo.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After sweating blood for it, his friends are safe, at least a few of the girls he rescued survived and are happy, and he and Nina may or may not be married but definitely have a child together.
- Flat Earth Atheist: You would be too if your mother was burned alive in front of you when you were a kid, and you found out afterward that the people who did it weren't even on a "proper" witch hunt but were just trying to rack up enough innocent dead women to get themselves either more property and material possessions or, better yet, ecclesiastical superpowers.
- Harmful to Minors: Oh, god, what happened to his mother...
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Even if their mentor thinks it's an antique POS.
- Hero with Bad Publicity
- Honor Before Reason: Does this sometimes, as when he was unwilling to cut Balthazar down with his back turned. Unlike other series, it's when he shows shades of Combat Pragmatism that he gets scolded by his mentor Wilhelm for unknightly conduct.
- Knight Errant In Shining Armor
- Lightning Bruiser: Inherited it from his father, apparently.
- Made of Iron: Takes some truly hideous beatings and always gets right back up again. He learned to do it early. As a small child, he was beaten persistently for more than an hour because he kept trying to get up again to rescue his mother, while she was slowly burned alive in front of him.
- Scary Black Man: Not really, unless you're from the Church. Otherwise, he's a Nice Guy.
- Action Girl,Action Survivor: For a degree of "action." See Badass Normal.
- Attempted Rape: In the fifth volume. She's rescued by Leo. He uses the occasion to make an Anguished Declaration of Love, and they form a Battle Couple.
- Badass Normal: Willing to, ahem, take on hordes of horny men ( and a horse, apparently! ), and throw down against crazed medieval fundies with superpowers, armed with nothing but her wits, her sex appeal, and an encyclopedic knowledge of herbs, potions, and aphrodisiacs. Not a traditional badass, but still pretty hardcore.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She gets one with Leo, along with an apparently epic sex life.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- The Medic
- Ms. Fanservice: And how! This does not go un-lampshaded by the other characters in the manga's rather conservative miedeval settting.
- Nice Hat: Amazing hat.
- Please Put Some Clothes On
- Prison Rape: As Backstory
- Really Gets Around: And she weaponizes it, too.
- Red Headed Heroine
Katrina Antonina Visemplar AKA 'Nina'
- Babies Ever After: She and Mist have a child together in the epilogue.
- Badass Damsel: Nina shows shades of this from the beginning. Though she is never really able to keep herself out of situations that require rescue, for a distressed damsel she is remarkably unwilling to take her captivity lying down, from helping Mist by swinging her ball-and-chain shackles at the bad guy in the first chapter, to defiantly refusing to break under horrible torture by the end.
- Bittersweet Ending: She's mute and still unable to walk due to being tortured...but somebody made her a wheelchair, she and Mist are firmly together, and they have a baby.
- Break the Cutie: Often.
- Damsel in Distress
- Easily Forgiven: You would think it would take a little more than it did to make up for her actions in the third volume, but then she did pull a Big Damn Heroes that even Inara would appreciate once she got her head right again.
- Hair of Gold
- If I Can't Have You: Arguably part of her initial Cutie-Breaking process, she starts Jumping Off the Slippery Slope into...
- Virginity Makes You Stupid: A little bit of this contributed too.
- Love Makes You Crazy/Evil: Though she snaps out of it in time to save Mist and give him a life-saving snog.
- The Speechless: Becomes this after the events in the finale.
- Stuffed Into the Fridge: Though she didn't die, the her brutal torture at the hands of the Church in the fifth volume was largely for the purpose of giving Mist motivation.
- Token Mini-Moe
- Tongue Trauma: Bites off her tongue in the fifth volume, to keep herself from breaking under torture and reveaing Mist's whereabouts
- Badass Normal
- Big Damn Heroes: Isn't he just.
- Chivalrous Pervert: With a heavy, heavy emphasis on the "chivalrous" part. It's more or less his title even, "Knight of the Carpet."
- Crucified Hero Shot: In Chapter 19, not that it lasts long...
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After being dragged into Mist's wake, with all the attendant beatings and battles, he earns one together with Euphemia. More than one kind of happy ending...
- Hair of Gold
- Heel Face Turn
- Huge Rider, Tiny Mount: And his horse just wants his love, dammit.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Rescues Greymalkin from being killed by Balthazar for being a 'witches familiar' in the beginning and is never again seen without the cat in tow.
- Royal Rapier
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.